What do you guys think about the SWR Workingmans 4004 head and the workingmans 4X10 cab?

Id be using them to play sum decent sized shows, and if need bwe i could buy another cabinet to run it at 4 ohms.

I was just wonderi ng what yuou thought about it in terms of reliabiity, tone, ect.

I will be paying about 700 to get them both used.

thanks.
I bought one the other day, it 'sploded my cab

Don't let that put you off, I'm gonna try and get it fixed.

Can you try it out first?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
yea, i tried it a bit yesterday. I was just wondering how well you guys thought it would hold up live, and how you would describe the tone and reliability
It should be alright. You'll only get about 250 watts of power though.

SWR makes very good gear. Reliabilbity shouldn't be an issue and the tone is excellent.
Quote by Captain Insano
It should be alright. You'll only get about 250 watts of power though.

SWR makes very good gear. Reliabilbity shouldn't be an issue and the tone is excellent.

260 @ 8 ohms

400 @ 4 ohms
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Well the one i played was really nice, Its a good variable tone to it. Im presuming your in america so that seems like a good price.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
I have a working pro head and its very flexible in tone. I also bought a working pro 1x15 cab first to make sure i had the low end. Then i added a hartke 4x10 and it really defines the low end. Swr makes great quality stuff, but its all what you think.
Gear List

2002 Gibson SG Faded
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Oscar Schmitt OE30

Orange Rockerverb 50

Gas List

Gibson Firebird
This is the rig that got me through about 5 years of hard gigging. Mine took a lot of abuse and kept on going until I shot it with a shotgun because nobody would buy it. This amp will be loud enough for basically any gig you'll run into. The biggest problem I had was the tweeter in mine kept getting progressively more noisey as time went on. I don't know if this is a problem common to the cabinet or not but you may not want to jack the treble up too high or whatever. But yes, pretty decent setup overall.