I have narrowed it down to these two guitars.

ESP Ltd M-1000:-

http://www.richtonemusic.co.uk/guitars-1/electric-guitars-2/esp-ltd-m-1000-electric-guitar-see-through-black-401.html?zenid=5a076dbe169d1d4f6434c30a5bd08212

or

Jackson SL3:-

http://www.dv247.com/invt/froogle/54495/

I play mainly metal/ hard rock, i was just wondering if you guys had any suggestions to which would cater my needs. Thanks
I would go with the Jackson. It would be more versatile if you ever start playing other stuff besides metal and hard rock. I think it looks better too but that's just my opinion.
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
Digitech Hardwire Tube Overdrive
Quote by ortrigger
I would go with the Jackson. It would be more versatile if you ever start playing other stuff besides metal and hard rock. I think it looks better too but that's just my opinion.

yeah thats what i was thinking, but if he already has another guitar for other genres(say he has a stratocaster ir an epi les paul), then i think he should go with the ESP.
If you already have a strat or something or are planning on getting one then go with the ESP. If not get the Jackson, for obvious reasons.
New Setup:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Black SG w/ 3 Hum.)
Peavey Classic 50
EHX Metal Muff
Cry Baby 535Q

"I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to"
Jimi Hendrix
Quote by Guitar Skater
that is a tough choice

Tell me about it haha. There both about the same price, i already have an ESP EC-1000 and Ibanez rg2550z. I like the jackson pick up formation with the H-S-S.
Are you using a tube amp?
'64 Fender Telecaster
'08 Epiphone Prophecy EM-2
'06 Epiphone Les Paul-100
'08 Squier Strat Mini
'03 Ibanez AEG10
'90 Yamaha FG730S
'31 Kay Archkraft
In my opinion go with the Jackson
'64 Fender Telecaster
'08 Epiphone Prophecy EM-2
'06 Epiphone Les Paul-100
'08 Squier Strat Mini
'03 Ibanez AEG10
'90 Yamaha FG730S
'31 Kay Archkraft
Quote by jsaatsaz
In my opinion go with the Jackson

Are jackson trems gd? As the esp has an OFR wasnt sure about the jackson trems seems ok.
Quote by GuitarHeroUK
Tell me about it haha. There both about the same price, i already have an ESP EC-1000 and Ibanez rg2550z. I like the jackson pick up formation with the H-S-S.

is the EC-1000 active or passive?
if its passive i'd go with the ESP, to have something new.
since you've already got a prestige, you dont really need to worry about versatility.
I would get the ESP just because i've always wanted one, but you've already got one, so maybe you should go for the jackson.
well in the end for me it depends on whether you have active or passive pups in that EC
Quote by stratdud39
is the EC-1000 active or passive?
if its passive i'd go with the ESP, to have something new.
since you've already got a prestige, you dont really need to worry about versatility.
I would get the ESP just because i've always wanted one, but you've already got one, so maybe you should go for the jackson.
well in the end for me it depends on whether you have active or passive pups in that EC

It has active pups it has emg 81 in the bridge and a 60 in the neck
Quote by GuitarHeroUK
It has active pups it has emg 81 in the bridge and a 60 in the neck

Definitely the Jackson then.
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
Digitech Hardwire Tube Overdrive
yea the jackson, mainly as actives sound the same lol
oh and its an Ltd..
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
JACKSON.

I played a soloist series in a store, and I was blown away by everything. Freboard was great, pick ups great, and it is very versatile.
Quote by DespisedIcon
I'd go LTD.

I have played on the m-1000 before and it is good but not the jackson but i have heard gd things about both. But i have heard mixed reviews about the jackson tremelo.
it's a toughy

I'd say Jackson because of the Pups but then again I'd say LTD because of the trem.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Quote by GuitarHeroUK
Are jackson trems gd? As the esp has an OFR wasnt sure about the jackson trems seems ok.

i *think* the jackson sl3 (if it's the 2006 one or newer) has the new korean-made OFRs. not sure how good they are, with any luck they're a direct swap for a schaller OFR though. but as i said, not sure...

there's a good chance the LTD has the exact same trem.

i just clicked on the link- i'd email the shop selling to jackson to see what the trem is. if it's an older one with the crapper jt580LP trem, then i'd avoid it. maybe they just haven't updated their webpage or something.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jan 4, 2009,