Ok, I want to change the bridge pickup on my g-400 to something hotter and just better quality. Ive had my eye on the gibson 498t with a cover now. what do you guys think?
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
seymour duncan sh-4's are pretty sick. I've got one on my G400 and it sounds badass. Plus they're only like 70 bucks.
"I wanna see movies of my dreams"
I play some punk rock, pop punk, pop rock, sometimes harder stuff..idk different types of music.

I can get the gibson ones for just 20 dollars more than the duncans..but thanks
Quote by RetroGunslinger
on ebay I found someone selling both the 498t and the 490r for 114...but they were from his gibson les paul custom silver, so they are a little used...do you guys think its worth it or should I buy just one for 90?
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Quote by fifer
on ebay I found someone selling both the 498t and the 490r for 114...but they were from his gibson les paul custom silver, so they are a little used...do you guys think its worth it or should I buy just one for 90?

I think it depends on how much you like to use your neck-pickup.
well I use it when I need a cleaner sound, with the volume rolled off. I dont mind the sound of the neck pickup though, if I changed it, it would just be for better quality..
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Quote by fifer
well I use it when I need a cleaner sound, with the volume rolled off. I dont mind the sound of the neck pickup though, if I changed it, it would just be for better quality..

yeah that's how i felt when i changed my bridge pickup. I only use the neck for clean sounds, and I was already happy with the clean sound, so i just changed the bridge.
Quote by ze monsta
What amp are you using?

This is the wrong forum, you will get better answers in GG&A.

I use two amps, I have a vox ac30cc2, and a crate v18. I use the crate v18 more at the moment, and I just bought a speaker to swap the stock speaker.

sorry, I thought since I was asking about the pickup, which is on the guitar not on other gear....I thought it belonged here.
Quote by RetroGunslinger