Hey everybody.

I'm just curious to see how many people out there are playing Kustom amps. I have a 36 Coupe and love it to death, but I don't see it around much, or any Kustom amps for that matter. So, anyone who's got one, speak up now.
I don't have one, but my local shop carries them almost exclusively. They seem pretty nice.

I hate GC, so when I'm in the market for a bigger amp I plan on getting a Kustom from that shop if I can find one that works for me
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
I have two Kustom 16 water guitar amps. one has effects and stuff. they are decent and good for at home playing but if you are touring go buy at least a line 6 half stack if not something better.
Quote by StillSoundRG
I don't like you ACFCPatrick. Your views differ from mine.
I have a Kustom 200 from the late 60's (sounds the closest to a tube amp of any SS I've heard). It's great, only had a jack problem in all those years. Also have a Kustom Lead III, not as good. 130 watts pumped thru 4 12" speakers. The clean is ok but the distortion is bad. It could be the speaker choice. I still like tubes better.
I just sold my coupe 36. A very nice amp never had any issues with it all. And it had a really good tone and some nice features. I sold it as I didnt need 30 watts anymore.
Wow, I'd KILL for a Kustom Coupe.

Amazing amps, I've been in love with them ever since I first played one.

You're a lucky man!
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Ive got a really crappy KGA10
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
I have a Kustom Double Barrel (well, actually its on order, should be in by wed.). Its a SS 30W 2x12. Nice punch to it. Cleans are nice, but dirty channel is crap.

Also, I would buy a Coupe if I could try it out first, but my local shop only carries SS Kustoms.

I'm in a small town in texas. I may drive up to Houston or Austin to see if any stores there have 'em.
I've got the quad jr. and with the bbe sonic maximizer it sounds decent but i want to upgrade to the 72 coupe, my band plays heavy metal, killswitch engage, disturbed, in flames, lamb of god. will the 72 coupe hardtop head give me enough gain?
Quote by paesano
I've got the quad jr. and with the bbe sonic maximizer it sounds decent but i want to upgrade to the 72 coupe, my band plays heavy metal, killswitch engage, disturbed, in flames, lamb of god. will the 72 coupe hardtop head give me enough gain?

Kustom makes an all tube amp for metal. I guy said he called customer service and inquired about what amp would suit metal. Oh, and how is your clean headroom on the clean channel (to the TS)? I'm curious about the overall tonal quality of that amp.
Last edited by sg4ever at May 5, 2009,
I had a Kustom KGA15 or 10... it kinda blew up. It sounded pretty decent though. I'd like to try another Kustom sometime.

High Gain Kustom
http://www.kustom.com/product_family.aspx?TypeID=2&FamilyID=110&Tab=0
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Last edited by STABxYOU at May 5, 2009,
Quote by sg4ever
Kustom makes an all tube amp for metal. I guy said he called customer service and inquired about what amp would suit metal. Oh, and how is your clean headroom on the clean channel (to the TS)? I'm curious about the overall tonal quality of that amp.

I looked up the Double Cross and listened to some of the sound clips, it sounds amazing but i think i'd need an overdrive pedal to get it to do metal, CJ from Drowning Pool uses a 72 coupe, I wish I'd have looked his rig up before, I just met him yesterday at a CD signing I could have just f**king asked him

But anyway, the clean channel breaks up around the 3 o clock position, it's a decent clean sound, not glassy like my fender, the effects are ok, they're not tweakable so i don't use them. I've had it for about a year and the only problem i've had with it is the input jack has come loose somewhere inside. Other than that, I definitely recommend the bbe compressory/limiter/maximizer, the distortion is kind of watery without it.
Quote by STABxYOU
I had a Kustom KGA15 or 10... it kinda blew up. It sounded pretty decent though. I'd like to try another Kustom sometime.

High Gain Kustom
http://www.kustom.com/product_family.aspx?TypeID=2&FamilyID=110&Tab=0

I took another look at the Double Cross, yeah... it'll do. the website has sound clips and shows the settings that are used and i noticed they're not using the boost and the tone knobs are even across the board so with some tweaking I could get it to sound the way I want... thanks
I just picked up a Kustom '72 Coupe Hardtop head from Musicians Friend. They have some scratch-n-dent ones for $599. I love the thing so far. I think it is going to be the perfect amp for me. Tight bottom end, lots of clarity on the top-end without sounding shrill or brittle, and it has some decent mids for a 6L6 based amp.

Running a multi-effects (Rocktron Multivalve) through the effects loop controlled by a Behringer MIDI pedal and out to 2 8ohm cabinets and I have me a great sounding rig. Gonna be using it at practice this Thursday night!

(For reference, I also own):

Marshall 3203 Artist Head
Bugera 333XL Head
Carvin Legacy Head
Traynor YCS100 Head
Behringer LX120 Head
I have a tube12 watt practice amp that is great clean but so-so overdriven. I have played a DoubleCross and it is sooo freaking awesome I cannot believe people turn their nose up at them. It is on the very top of my wishlist ABOVE an Uberschall and ABOVE a Cobra. For real!
I play a very good, Kustom III Lead SC. It has a great sound and very versatile.