I have a G&L Legacy and on the g and b strings when played open or at one of the 1st 2 frets it buzzes really bad. I have tried raising the string height but to get it to stop buzzing it is way to high. Should I try adjusting the truss rod or the spring tree? or could the nut just be cut to low?

thanks
you could try to file down the frets or get them redressed? If it's that high and you're still getting buzz..

well if its just on the first two maybe you need a truss rod adjustment. Usually I'm very much against it, but you should take it in to see someone if you can't figure it out.

I would give it a truss rod adjustment though and if that doesnt fix it file the frets.
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
Quote by RabbidWolf
you could try to file down the frets or get them redressed? If it's that high and you're still getting buzz..

well if its just on the first two maybe you need a truss rod adjustment. Usually I'm very much against it, but you should take it in to see someone if you can't figure it out.

I would give it a truss rod adjustment though and if that doesnt fix it file the frets.

Dressing frets can be pretty involved. Adjust the saddle height, the truss rod, or the nut before trying to adjust the frets.
I Japanese Fenders
MIJ '86 Strat, MIJ '95 Foto Flame Tele, Jackson JSX-94
Schecter C-1 Classic 3TSB, Takamine EG544SC-4C
Warwick Corvette Fretless MIJ '89 P-Bass Lyte
Fender Geddy Lee Sig Bass, Ibanez DTT700 Destroyer
Ok thanks a lot guys. I appreciate it a lot. I will try adjusting the truss rod and saddle height. Maybe the neck is to flat. Thanks Again.
A neck adjustment is usally gonna help around the fourth to maybe 12th frets. Have you changed the gauge of strings ( gone lighter ) that could cause it to buzz there. If not I would suggest a new nut , even more so on an older guitar. A general rule I use is this: If I have a buzz 1st to 3rd fret check the nut 4th to 12th fret check the truss rod below the 12th fret try adjusting your bridge. Dont be afraid to check the truss rod it may just be loose, in that case just snug it back tight. You could need fret work but that pretty low for fret wear. Hope that helps.

My Rig

Guitars

Fender Strat 60`s Texas Specials
Fender Tele 92 Barden Bridge / Di Marzio Neck ( Stacked )
Jay Turser Pro 200
Custom Esquire

Amps

Crate VC 3012 Modded
Crate VC 508 Modded
1970 Silverface Princeton
1965 Ampeg J12D

Effects
Alessis Nanoverb
Artec Comp
Artec Analog Delay
Keeley Blues Driver
Big Muff ( Russian )
Dan Electro Chicken Salad
Pedal Pad Board
That happened to me. I got recommended this way and it certainly works.

Try putting a small folded bit of kitchen foil in the nut to raise the action by a small amount. Then the first few frets will not buzz.

Hope it helps
Yep
I have even seen people put super glue in the nut slot then file out what ya dont need
i have the same problem. could i remove the nut, put in a shim, and then glue the nut back in place??
Quote by LP Addict
you might need to take a shred of a playing card and put it underneath your nut on the treble side, that almost always fixes it.

i'll try that
when you put the nut back on, use white glue or elmer's glue. dont use some kind of super glue/epoxy. if you ever need to take it off it'll be a pain in the ass if you do that.
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"