So, I really need a job. My band has some material, and we'll be gigging soon. Thing is, unless I get some money, I'll have to use a spider amp

This is my resume thus far...

Resume

Tomsawyer
The Pit

Tel: ***
E-Mail: **********

-16 years old
-Responsible, Hard working, Reliable
-Available on school nights and weekends.

Work Experience
-2005-2008 Stable worker at ***

Education
I am in my final year of high school at *** high school.

Hobbies
I enjoy skiing, and have recently taken up Rock climbing. Above all else, I love music. I have played guitar and bass for 3 1/2 years, and have tinkered with drums and piano.

How can I improve this?
Last edited by Tom-sawyer at Jan 3, 2009,
Quote by Tom-sawyer
So, I really need a job. My band has some material, and we'll be gigging soon. Thing is, unless I get some money, I'll have to use a spider amp

Resume

Tomsawyer
The Pit, /b/

-16 years old
-Responsible, Hard working, Reliable, sexy

Work Experience
-3 Gym badges

Education

Hobbys
I enjoy skiing, Pokemon, and have recently taken up Rock climbing. Above all else, I love music. I have played guitar and bass for 3 1/2 years, and have tinkered with drums and piano. I dream of one day playing music for a career.

How can I improve this?

There.
lol i see what u did thar...

seems a little unprofessional but oh well.

just go work at a mcdonalds they hire anyone.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
Quote by Tatersalad1080
lol i see what u did thar...

seems a little unprofessional but oh well.

Nah you need gcse's to work there.
Fender Special Edition Custom Telecaster FMT HH in Crimson Red
Reverend Sensei HB FM in Tobacco Burst
Fender Vintage C Neck, HH, Surf Green Nitrocellulose (Handmade)

Egnater Rebel-30 MKI Head
Egnater Tourmaster Series 412B 280W 4x12 Cabinet
Quote by Tom-sawyer

Resume

Tomsawyer
The Pit

-16 years old
-Responsible, Hard working, Reliable

Work Experience

Education

Hobbies

I enjoy skiing, and have recently taken up Rock climbing. Above all else, I love music. I have played guitar and bass for 3 1/2 years, and have tinkered with drums and piano. I dream of one day playing music for a career.

How can I improve this?

One step at a time
Quote by Tatersalad1080

Anyone but me =[

MC name = Bearrorism
Add your predicted grades for your final year.
Ibanez RG350DX
Randall RH150G3
Harley Benton Cab (Shut up.)
Roland Cube 60
Dunlop Wah Wah Pedal.

mmmmm

Guitar fund - £300/???
Help me out guise!!1!
you might wanna add in some worker skills, and what your duties/responsibilities at your old job were. maybe take out the last sentence, too.
Add some more info about your work experience.
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
Rock climbing ftw. That is all.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Looks pretty good. I'm not sure how they would react to "another wannabe rockstar", though.

I'm not saying you are, and I admire you for going after music. I wish I could do that too. Slim chance of doing it, but it would be sweet. But it doesn't look good on paper, sadly. I know from experience, trust me.

Try adding some BS that makes you look more dignified and professional. That's all a resume is, anyway. Be professional (even if it's a tiny bit fake/overdone), and then spend your well-earned money on music/fun stuff. They won't know

BTW, you're 16 and a senior?

18 and a senior here.
Last edited by Zecromancer at Jan 3, 2009,
Quote by Zecromancer
Looks pretty good. I'm not sure how they would react to "another wannabe rockstar", though.

I'm not saying you are, and I admire you for going after music. I wish I could do that too. Slim chance of doing it, but it would be sweet. But it doesn't look good on paper, sadly. I know from experience, trust me.

Try adding some BS that makes you look more dignified and professional. That's all a resume is, anyway. Be professional (even if it's a tiny bit fake/overdone), and then spend your well-earned money on music/fun stuff. They won't know

BTW, you're 16 and a senior?

18 and a senior here.

Hmm, I guess it does come across as naive in a way :P

*removed
Quote by Aurigo
Nah you need gcse's to work there.

i work there and i don't know what gcse is
Quote by iantheman
I laughed at someone for breaking his g-string, and got sigged

Quote by Veil Of Osiris

You just made me spit out my Kool-Aid all over my keyboard.

sorry
Say that you PLAY the drums and piano, not "have tinkered around with them". They won't know, and it makes you look more confident and a little bit more professional. Being confident will get you anything- girls, jobs, money, anything. Not cocky, just confident.

Add some educational interests too. If you like computers, say you're interested in computer science, for example. If you like cooking food, say you're interested in the culinary arts (this will DEFINITELY get you a McD's job... lol). You know, just spice everything up. Make it look like you love education and learning.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and if you speak any other languages, put that down! They LOVE multilingual people. In Texas, speaking Spanish = 200% higher chance of getting the job. Hell, some jobs down here actually REQUIRE basic Spanish. But that's here.
Last edited by Zecromancer at Jan 3, 2009,
Quote by Tatersalad1080

They didn't hire Moses.
I made a resume a while ago but I left out the "hobbies" section. I just thought that employers wouldn't care about what I enjoy doing. Is it important? If it is I'll have to put that part in my resume.
Quote by Masamune
I made a resume a while ago but I left out the "hobbies" section. I just thought that employers wouldn't care about what I enjoy doing. Is it important? If it is I'll have to put that part in my resume.

For a professional resume hobbies is usually an optional extra. It's much more important to provide detail on your previous work experience, such as what responsibilities you had, tasks where you were required to act independantly, etc. My CV's first page is all the professional stuff, but I have a second page of hobbies, personal information, etc which employers can read if they want or throw away if they don't care.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots