I need some recommendations. I'm looking to buy a A nice guitar (used). I like my friends G-400 because its got a nice neck, and a good sound. But, I've also always loved the shape of the explorers. I usually play sabbath style stuff, the who, and 70's rock. But I also want a guitar that can play iron maiden style metal. Some insight by people who have played either or both guitars would be great. Thanks.
epiphone 1958 korina explorer ?
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
any humbuckers will do that.
its up to the feel of the guitar
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
I've played the epi explorer and a standard g-400 and personally I like the sg but if you like the way the explorer feels then go with it. Its more unique sounding and looking.
New Setup:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Black SG w/ 3 Hum.)
Peavey Classic 50
EHX Metal Muff
Cry Baby 535Q

"I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to"
Jimi Hendrix
get the sg, the body looks better and the pickups are pretty much the same
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
explorer all the way, its absolutely the best guitar in the history of the world.
Quote by vintage x metal
My toilet has seen some scenes that one would describe as 'deathcore'
Thanks I think i'll go with the explorer because it comes with a case, and i like being a little different and it will be easier to get noticed
Quote by Italianhandgun
Thanks I think i'll go with the explorer because it comes with a case, and i like being a little different and it will be easier to get noticed

yeh + itz gud for teh chugga chuggaz
Quote by vintage x metal
My toilet has seen some scenes that one would describe as 'deathcore'
I think you get the idea on my vote....
Jackson KE1F
Jackson KE2
Gibson Gothic Explorer
BC Rich Jr V deluxe

Engl Powerball full stack
Framus Cobra
VHT Pittbull CL50
I like both. I have an Epiphone Explorer and I had an Epiphone G400 for a while. The only reason I sold it was cause I needed the money and a guy I worked with offered me more than I paid for it. I would not sell my Explorer though so I guess I like them better. Anyway both are good guitars and have the same pickups in them so get the one you are more comfortable playing.
I would go with the explorer, but thats just my opinion.
You and I are mortal, but rock n roll will never die.