Hello.

I'm going on a bit of a spending spree at the moment, which isn't often as I'm a student. So far I've bought a nice Boss ME-20 effects pedal, and now I'm after an amp. Obviously, being a student, I am looking to spend as little as possible.

I've just started a band at Uni, and I've no doubt that we will be doing some gigs in the next year or so, so I'm thinking a bit further ahead and thinking I should be getting a 50 watt amp, which should be enough for a small gig I would imagine. I'd also be using it for doing some home recording.

So I've looked around and I've come across this:
http://www.littlewoods.com/rf/p.do/electricals/electric-guitars/karaoke-instruments/cruiser/cr-50-50-watt-guitar-amplifier?A=5051518394587526619002

£139 ($200). Now, for a 50 watt guitar amp, this sounds amazing. I've looked up the amp but I can't find any reviews. Maybe that's a bad thing? But I just wondered what people with a bit more knowledge than me thinks? And maybe even offer a better alternative for not much more?

Thank you
MAX Budget ??
Genres your band plays ??
Tube or SS ??
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
That won't be a very good amp, generally avoid buying amps from shops renowned for clothes and furniture?

What's your max budget and what sorta music do you play?
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
^ just generally avoid buying anything from littlewoods, i think...

kidding.

i haven't tried it, but, to be blunt, i'd imagine that amp isn't going to be too great. too much wattage for too low a price generally means "crap quality".

can you save up any more? if you want a valve amp, you're probably going to have to get within touching distance of £300 to get something which is good, and which has enough wattage for gigs.

if you're willing to stick with a solid state/modeller, something like a roland cube 60 or equivalent might be worth a look...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Max budget around $200
Music we play as a band is punk-rock, so like Blink 182 for an example.
I play stuff like Angels and Airwaves.
Probably SS.
Quote by cmakkidguitar
That won't be a very good amp, generally avoid buying amps from shops renowned for clothes and furniture?

What's your max budget and what sorta music do you play?

Lol, quite true. Just thought it might be a one off decent thing that they sell at a good price.

Anything like Blink, AVA, Muse, most post-rock stuff, Fightstar.
if you want to use your Boss pedal then I suggest a tube amp with a Clean channel or a SS amp with no effects. $200 is hard pressed so maybe look at used gear. Like a used Valveking or Crate that has a clean channel. Personally, I probably would have bought the amp first with all available funds and focused on pedals later.
Quote by Dave_Mc
^

if you're willing to stick with a solid state/modeller, something like a roland cube 60 or equivalent might be worth a look...

Just been looking at some reviews, and apparently, the Roland Cube 60 doesn't take pedals that well. Although others say it's fine. Anyone?
I think that since you've already bought the ME-50 your best betis to get a SS amp with a decent clean tone and run your modeller as a sort of preamp. Try and find an amp with a preamp in socket.
generally Multi Effects + Multi Effects don't work out so well. However, I read once about a guy who did that using the clean setting of the Cube, but I don't know what that is.

For the record I've run my RP250 thru my Valveking and my Fender FM212. Also nice if you want to just plug headphones in and play.
Quote by bartdevil_metal
I think that since you've already bought the ME-50 your best betis to get a SS amp with a decent clean tone and run your modeller as a sort of preamp. Try and find an amp with a preamp in socket.

yeah, that might be worth considering.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?