When indicated on a sheet of music, how do you play a grace note on the guitar, more specifically, a G with an unslashed grace note?
If you play guitar, please don't waste your time in The Pit, and please instead educate yourself in the Musician Talk forum, where you can be missing out on valuable info.
Quote by DiminishedFifth
It's like you read my mind!

I got meself a self-approving sig. Kick. Ass.
What's the length of the note?

I think what you're describing is an appoggiatura, so if the length of the note is divisible by two (ie. crotchet, minim, semi-breve, ect.) then the appogiatura takes half of the beat.

If the length of the beat is divisible by three (ie. dotted crotchet, dotted anything) then it takes 1/3 of the note length.

For example, if there is the minim G with the grace note being A, it becomes one crotchet A then one G.
If there is a dotted minim G then it becomes one crotechet A and one mimin G.
Goddamn these weird ass names to describe length of notes, never heard of them in my life... But I still understood you, thanks!
If you play guitar, please don't waste your time in The Pit, and please instead educate yourself in the Musician Talk forum, where you can be missing out on valuable info.
Quote by DiminishedFifth
It's like you read my mind!

I got meself a self-approving sig. Kick. Ass.