I have been playing with my friends band a bit and then the so called lead guitarist that plays like punk/emo/screamo/hes gay i think...but anyway I play thrash and I play with my guitar were the treble is about all they way up and the bass about half. So he comes in and is like can you go deeper I did a little bit and then he did it himself. I played you couldn't even hear any high notes ring out i told him he was retarded and he showed me bands like black dahlia murder and a few others and omg what the hell is that. I can fart prettier sounds then that. Metal is going to **** really quick.
metal has been going to **** for a long time, thats why i dont listen to it very much anymore, and i explored different genres like blues and jazz, i think those genres have better musicians than most of metal. or try stoner metal, thats one of my overall favorite genres
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Last edited by gnaraaron at Jan 3, 2009,
Quote by xphrygianx
I have been playing with my friends band a bit and then the so called lead guitarist that plays like punk/emo/screamo/hes gay i think...but anyway I play thrash and I play with my guitar were the treble is about all they way up and the bass about half. So he comes in and is like can you go deeper I did a little bit and then he did it himself. I played you couldn't even hear any high notes ring out i told him he was retarded and he showed me bands like black dahlia murder and a few others and omg what the hell is that. I can fart prettier sounds then that. Metal is going to **** really quick.

you sound about as gay as your friend.
last.fm: last.fm/thrashmetal101
follow me on twitter
Quote by Sonicxlover
Emotionally, it makes me feel good. Physically, it makes me feel good.
ok your saying megadeth, testament, metallica(well some metallica), and other thrash bands or any kinda old school metal like pantera and overkill is just as good as black dahlia murder and other so called newer metal bands. again not all but most of today's metal bands are like ohh were brutal kill me cause my girlfriend broke up with me. pshh
Don't listen to it?

And this is EG, not Bands and Artists.

^Just because you don't like them, doesn't mean that they suck.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Jan 3, 2009,
my bad...its not that i listen to it its just funny to watch these people get piercings every were were tight clothes and gloves with the fingers cut out and think they are hardcore. I wish them pussy's walked into a lamb of god concert or overkill concert they would get the beat down.
Quote by xphrygianx
my bad...its not that i listen to it its just funny to watch these people get piercings every were were tight clothes and gloves with the fingers cut out and think they are hardcore. I wish them pussy's walked into a lamb of god concert or overkill concert they would get the beat down.

RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by xphrygianx

oh the irony
^agreed
Quote by illuminatiano

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
i guess you could say they arent the most credible metal band.
Quote by illuminatiano

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Quote by xphrygianx
whats funny about lamb of god??? they are awesome. Better musicians then you are.

It's just that most of the hxc kids you just described enjoy LoG and go to their concerts.

EDIT: ^I don't like LoG but Into the Pit does not sound like Laid to Rest (imo).
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Jan 3, 2009,
no but they have a unique sound to them, unlike the ones that try to play the drums as fast as they can guitar as fast as they can and scream as high as they can and you can't pick any of it out it sounds like one big blahhhhhhhhh.
go listen to the sword, thats a pretty bad ass band
Quote by illuminatiano

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Quote by aznrockerdude
It's just that most of the hxc kids you just described enjoy LoG and go to their concerts.

EDIT: ^I don't like LoG but Into the Pit does not sound like Laid to Rest (imo).

ya but them hxc kids are acting like there hardcore as all them prep kids in school act like they know classic rock, or even better them white boy thugs act like there gangster
Quote by xphrygianx
ya but them hxc kids are acting like there hardcore as all them prep kids in school act like they know classic rock, or even better them white boy thugs act like there gangster

So what? Are they bullying you? Is their presence annoying enough that you have to complain about them to a bunch of strangers on the internet?

Just let 'em be. Find people who you really want to hang out with.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
just because the way the dress and act doesnt mean they cant like a certain type of music? im confused here
Quote by illuminatiano

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Quote by xphrygianx

that pisses me off a TON, and there are so many of them!
and same with the people who think they no classic rock, they say, oh i love led zeppelin!
so you ask for there favorite song and they say they dont no any of the names, they just listen to it all.
i dont have too many harcore kids around here tho
EDIT: do keep in mind thats a ton of my friends too...
just gotta accept how people are you know?
Oh, and for the record, The Black Dahlia Murder isn't bad compared to a lot of other stuff out there. Just because mallcore kids like it doesn't mean it's not enjoyable (same with bands like the Faceless).
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by stratdud39
that pisses me off a TON, and there are so many of them!
and same with the people who think they no classic rock, they say, oh i love led zeppelin!
so you ask for there favorite song and they say they dont no any of the names, they just listen to it all.
i dont have too many harcore kids around here tho
EDIT: do keep in mind thats a ton of my friends too...
just gotta accept how people are you know?

ya i guess your right its is just so annoying..my favorite though is whats your favriote led zeppelin song they say like ohh stairway to heaven, you know i have never heard like achilles last stand lol.
Well I kind of see the kid's point, but... there's no need in paying attention to it. Actually if I met some emo/goth kid I'd give him way more respect for listening to Lamb of God than for listening to, say, My Chemical Romance. But that's because I like the one more than the other.

OK 'like' is too big a word, I like the outro riff to Omerta but that's about it

Edit: Fav Zep song? Celebration Day, The Ocean, Wanton Song... and everyone goes - wut?
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Last edited by bornfidelity at Jan 3, 2009,
lol i read this and i was like hey some guy who doesnt like modern metal too, until you said lamb of god, im not trying to down them but they sound like every other drop mega low tunning band to me. and maxed treble isnt good just like lots of low end, its personal taste
Quote by xphrygianx
ya i guess your right its is just so annoying..my favorite though is whats your favriote led zeppelin song they say like ohh stairway to heaven, you know i have never heard like achilles last stand lol.

lol
i said over the hills and far away, and they were like, whos that by?
Quote by whoswt
lol i read this and i was like hey some guy who doesnt like modern metal too, until you said lamb of god, im not trying to down them but they sound like every other drop mega low tunning band to me.

Wut. LoG tunes to Drop D...
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
well its evenly matched with the mid and bass but it lets all the notes sound out and bar chords scream. especially on like skin o' my teeth higher treble sounds a lot better to me.
Quote by aznrockerdude
Wut. LoG tunes to Drop D...

ya not to low. not like drop b

sry for double post
Quote by xphrygianx
no but they have a unique sound to them, unlike the ones that try to play the drums as fast as they can guitar as fast as they can and scream as high as they can and you can't pick any of it out it sounds like one big blahhhhhhhhh.

Cannibal Corpse has a unique sound too, and guess what, they suck. Just like Lamb of God

*runs out of thread*
Quote by xphrygianx
all them prep kids in school act like they know classic rock

...what?
I can't even begin to fathom how those were related in your mind. I'll chalk it up to "you're an idiot."
Anyway, thread closed. Useless topic, lots of yelling, etc etc.