Page 1 of 2
i heard in the music shop i got my new amp from that some companies are putting there prices up by around 15%... somethings tellin me it could be a bad year for gear prices...
My Rig:
American Standard Telecaster
Fender Starcaster
Sp. Edition Jack Daniels Strat (Modded)
Vox AC15CC1

Stuff I've Built:
Telecaster Deluxe
Telecaster Junior
Pedalboard (from a shelf )
the odd pedal
Great. Now people get to pay even more for a bad guitar.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
Quote by stratdud39
well the new mim standard strat is now 50 bux more

Yeah, but apparently there's going to be another increase starting Feb 1.
Quote by Robbo1422
i heard in the music shop i got my new amp from that some companies are putting there prices up by around 15%... somethings tellin me it could be a bad year for gear prices...

i heard this also. its getting crazy! have you priced a gibson les paul classic lately?
My rig:
Gibson faded V
Dean Razorback
Fender Showman Strat
Dean Dimebag Tribute ML
Custom guitar
Boss ME-50
Marshall AVT50H

92% of teenagers have moved to rap, put this in your sig if you're in the 8% that still listens to real music.
Quote by Robbo1422

Crap. Now my Cry Baby and Whammy pedal I want are going to be a bit more.
Does this affect pickups such as BareKnuckles?
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
what's so wierd about this? when the economy sucks, it seems pretty logical to try to raise prices to stay in business. and the businesses also have to adjust for inflation. so, what's the big deal?
i was about to start saving for a new tele deluxe man... its gonna take me longer then 2 years now lol
My Rig:
Fender Starcaster
Vox AC15CC1

Stuff I've Built:
Telecaster Deluxe
Telecaster Junior
the odd pedal
Quote by Rogue Hermit
what's so wierd about this? when the economy sucks, it seems pretty logical to try to raise prices to stay in business. and the businesses also have to adjust for inflation. so, what's the big deal?

The deal is, while we all know it in the back of our heads, none of us want to believe it. We all want our favorite things to be free.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
Quote by Rogue Hermit

this is true but no one really has money/ or wants to be spending that much on stuff like this
My rig:
Gibson faded V
Dean Razorback
Fender Showman Strat
Dean Dimebag Tribute ML
Custom guitar
Boss ME-50
Marshall AVT50H

92% of teenagers have moved to rap, put this in your sig if you're in the 8% that still listens to real music.
Quote by NorfIrIon
The deal is, while we all know it in the back of our heads, none of us want to believe it. We all want our favorite things to be free.

man you should be president.
My Rig:
Fender Starcaster
Vox AC15CC1

Stuff I've Built:
Telecaster Deluxe
Telecaster Junior
the odd pedal
Quote by Rogue Hermit

Of course its expected. I'm surprised guitar costs are so low right now. But it means that now we have to pay more money.
Also people really like saying that their precious Fender has affordable prices.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
i bet theres gonna be more people frauding guitars on ebay when it happens
My Rig:
Fender Starcaster
Vox AC15CC1

Stuff I've Built:
Telecaster Deluxe
Telecaster Junior
the odd pedal
**** The Establishment!!!!
"My name is Forrest, Forrest Gump. People call me Forrest Gump"
Quote by giiii
**** The Establishment!!!!

lets.
My Rig:
Fender Starcaster
Vox AC15CC1

Stuff I've Built:
Telecaster Deluxe
Telecaster Junior
the odd pedal
I also heard from my Jackson Sales rep that they are going to raise prices a week after Fender does their price increase.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
Quote by Rogue Hermit

Yes, and when the economic situation is well again, they go, oh! people have more money so we can ask more for the guitars! and prices go up also

We're always on the wrong end of things
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Quote by Blacken Seas
I also heard from my Jackson Sales rep that they are going to raise prices a week after Fender does their price increase.

aren't jackson owned by fender though?

it would be good if music shops did a discount sale before introducing the new prices lol. that would be very nice indeed...
My Rig:
Fender Starcaster
Vox AC15CC1

Stuff I've Built:
Telecaster Deluxe
Telecaster Junior
the odd pedal
If the dealers are smart they should get some extra guitars when the prices are still low
do they notrealise that by putting prices down they would sell a lot more? an i no that by saying that some business dude will probably give us all a lecture about ewhy they cant, but seriously, it would be better
My Rig:
Fender Starcaster
Vox AC15CC1

Stuff I've Built:
Telecaster Deluxe
Telecaster Junior
the odd pedal
Sigh. I'm no business man but it's pretty simple economics. Robbo, I assure you the companies realize what they are doing. Supply, demand and price all play together. If price goes down, demand goes up but supply might not be able to meet demand. If demand goes up, supply needs to go up to meet demand, however if supply gets too high, demand will go down (rising prices will also cause supply to increase). Essentially, a company needs to set the price where supply meets demand to maximize profits....so if these companies feel it necessary to raise prices there is certainly economic reason behind it. It's not as simply as just trying to sell more. Like everything in this world, the cost of making a guitar is getting more expensive as well.

Rambling aside, if you want the gear, you are going to pay whatever they ask for it. I just bought a new American Standard strat, and I would have paid an extra 200 for it because its pure quality and when it comes to an instrument, its hard to put a value on quality.
Last edited by GuitarDTO at Jan 3, 2009,
Scream-mode: ON

BUY USED!!!!!!

/off
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
i would only buy certain guitars second hand... anyway my opinion is that this was always gonna happen and was a matter of when...

but yeh, the people who buy guitars, and truely love guitars don't mind paying the extra cash..and thats the truth. To be honest i thought fender's have always been too cheap!

but i'm upset.

Spoke to denmark street today and they said the whole street is out on Marshall Amps...
Quote:
I am a Fender dealer...and it's true....20 to 30% across the board on all guitars.

Effective Feb. 1st.

Example: USA Strats and Tele's...now is $999.00 MAP...after Feb. 1st. $1275.00.

Fender 52 RI tele....now $1499.95....after Feb. 1st...$1899.95

Mexico Standard Series Strats and Tele's....now $449.00...after Feb. 1st.....$550.00.

HWY 1 Strat and Tele's....now $749.00...after Feb. 1st....$900.00.

I just received the new price sheets via e-mail this past week.

(copied from TDPRI forum, http://www.tdpri.com/forum/bad-dog-cafe/140570-awwwwwww-crap-fender-price-jump.html)
I knew I wasn't just seeing things when I was reading one of the mags the other day. I remember MIM Fender Strats costing about $439, now the price is somewhere around $479 (can't remember clearly because I don't have the mag with me).

At least it means my instruments are gaining value. I don't have to feel bad about spending over 1k to build my custom Strat, since the genuine ones are gonna be more expensive soon.
Well that's life.

I'm sort of sad because I have enough money right now to buy my dream guitar, the Gibson Explorer, but I can't buy it because I'm just not worthy of it right now, plus I'm not experienced right now anyway to know which guitar would be best for me really.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
yeah, i was saving for a mim tele. i think i'll just try looking for a little better quality around the $600 range.
Quote by sglover34479
DAMN IT! I'm in the process of saving for MIM strat.

Same with me.
I'm still going to save up though.
I've been wanting that guitar so bad that I feel I have to have it.
Quote by sglover34479
DAMN IT! I'm in the process of saving for MIM strat.

me to =( i currently got 160 =)
Fender Telecaster
Squire Vintage Modified '70s bass
Damn, now I have to try and convince my parents to help me buy the new MIM I was saving for before the end of the month, I'm close, but this $100 price raise means I'll be screwed if I don't buy soon.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Quote by DeltaFunk
Damn, now I have to try and convince my parents to help me buy the new MIM I was saving for before the end of the month, I'm close, but this $100 price raise means I'll be screwed if I don't buy soon.

Maybe thats what they are hoping people will do. Maybe that is a scheme to raise sales too?
Quote by alena
Quote:
I am a Fender dealer...and it's true....20 to 30% across the board on all guitars.

Effective Feb. 1st.

Example: USA Strats and Tele's...now is $999.00 MAP...after Feb. 1st. $1275.00.

Fender 52 RI tele....now $1499.95....after Feb. 1st...$1899.95

Mexico Standard Series Strats and Tele's....now $449.00...after Feb. 1st.....$550.00.

HWY 1 Strat and Tele's....now $749.00...after Feb. 1st....$900.00.

I just received the new price sheets via e-mail this past week.

(copied from TDPRI forum, http://www.tdpri.com/forum/bad-dog-cafe/140570-awwwwwww-crap-fender-price-jump.html)

Those are some hearty increases. I would have still bought my MIA for $1275, but I'm glad I bought it just a few weeks ago!
Quote by NorfIrIon
Great. Now people get to pay even more for a bad guitar.

Get out.
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
now lets all quit guitaring!!!

ok, everyone know i was joking, oh my, a gibson les paul i want, will be more days away from me. Screw you economy!!!!!!.
If all else fails, you better contact your mother! COME ON!

::type
Quote by Felttoaster
me to =( i currently got 160 =)

Pimp that pacifica instead.
Page 1 of 2