Page 1 of 2
So I had my heart set on buying an RG2570Z, when I looked on the GAK website and I saw that the price of it had gone up from £570 to £929!!! Does anyone know where I can get that guitar at a cheaper price? I can't really save up £900 because im only 13 and I don't have a job or anything, and it's quite a lot of money. Or a recommendation of a similar guitar between £300-£600 would be good.

Thanks
Curses...i have nothing of interest to write in this here place.
change your sig to
"Curses...i have nothing of interest to write in this here place."

then I shall help

I believe that it is (as said) down to the lower value of the pound, sugestions, ebay. I know i know "shouldnt buy a guitar before trying it" but ibanez have perfectly great necks and ebay is full of RG's going cheap.

Run along
Last edited by marko'd at Jan 3, 2009,
Quote by marko'd
change your sig to
"Curses...i have nothing of interest to write in this here place."

then I shall help

Now help
Quote by mark_wuk
It's a bit cheaper at thomann

http://www.thomann.de/gb/ibanez_rg2570evsl.htm

It's certainly due to the exchange rate - value of the pound had gone WAY down recently, compared to the dollar and the euro.

yeah, I know, my parents have been complaining about it to me lol :P dya reckon theres any chance of the value of pounds going back up?
Quote by GunsN'tallica
yeah, I know, my parents have been complaining about it to me lol :P dya reckon theres any chance of the value of pounds going back up?

doubt it in the current economic climate dude

I had a similer problem.
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
It went up 400 pounds just like that?

...some error on the website's part, maybe?

Oh right, the pound. Yea I order shirts from djtees.com regularly and lately I just pay so much less for the same amount of pounds it's ridiculous
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Second hand stuff is the way to go, everyone needs money at the moment so you get guys who really need to sell stuff urgently and ask a lot less than they should.
Quote by GunsN'tallica

Pound will be coming back up don't worry. Brown is a good economist.

Anyways, yeah its due to the exchange rate. Ebay should give you some good options though.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by WantzChas
Second hand stuff is the way to go, everyone needs money at the moment so you get guys who really need to sell stuff urgently and ask a lot less than they should.

That is true, but the downside is that there are more people looking for second hand stuff, and therefore supply and demand will lead to higher prices for 2nd hand gear!

Best we can hope for is that the music stores have to cut prices to shift the gear! For a lot people musical instruments are luxury items, so if demand dries up, hopefully prices will eventually come down.

Quote by Baby Joel

RUBBISH - it's Brown's fault we're in this mess in the first place! The global downturn hasn't helped, but fundamentally his policies have left us where we are!
Last edited by mark_wuk at Jan 3, 2009,
Quote by Baby Joel

Anyways, yeah its due to the exchange rate. Ebay should give you some good options though.

oh lol

srsly though, he's not bad :P

that's such a lie
sorry :\
My Band =]
We play some goffic pish
Its fun

Leave us a comment, we'll get back to you =]
Last edited by FNAFJ at Jan 3, 2009,
Quote by mark_wuk
RUBBISH - it's Brown's fault we're in this mess in the first place! The global downturn hasn't helped, but fundamentally his policies have left us where we are!

It all started with the banks not being able to cover their debts... and look where we are now. I life in South Africa and I'm aslo suffering.
This is all only true if you don't know where to look for stuff; a bit of shopping around will reveal things at the same price they were before
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
This is all only true if you don't know where to look for stuff; a bit of shopping around will reveal things at the same price they were before

Shopping around where?
Quote by GunsN'tallica
Shopping around where?

T'internet, where else?

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
The Ibanez RG2570Z (included for comparison):
http://www.instrumentpro.com/P-IBARG2570Z.html

You might try a Dean Vendetta 4.0

http://www.instrumentpro.com/P-DEAVN4.html

with trem.
http://www.instrumentpro.com/P-DEAVN4F.html
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
had the same problem with the marshall JVM 215C!

o well.... it was gak aswell its gone up 100/200 pounds or something
Quote by mark_wuk

No, its not Brown's fault. Its the fault of the banks being idiots, and the UK being so tied to the American stockmarket.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Another one to consider, the Carvin Bolt:

https://www.carvinguitars.com/catalog/guitars/index.php?model=bolt

Now, its standard configuration is 3 single coils. However:

The Bolt is equipped with three AP11 single coil pickups. The AP11 pickups are almost identical to Carvin's vintage AP6 pickups from the 1950's and 1960's, and are higher output with a fuller tone that similar single-coil pickups found on other manufacturer's guitars. All Carvin humbuckers and single coil pickups have 11 polepieces per coil, which eliminates dropoff when bending strings. You can add any of Carvin's M22, H22 or C22 Series humbuckers in the bridge position, or replace all 3 AP11s with our TBH60 twinblade humbuckers. The TBH60 twinblades are physically the same size as the AP11s, with high output for punchy clean tones or hot overdriven leads. Controls consist of a master volume and tone control with a 5-way pickup selector. The standard pickguard is a white multi-layer design, or you can add a white pearloid, black pearloid or red tortoiseshell model. The standard "top hat" volume and tone knobs can be upgraded with metal dome knobs in chrome, black or gold, or you can add our new rosewood knobs.

(emphasis mine)

In addition, the Bolt is available as a kit, so if you (or someone you know) have the skills, you can save a few.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jan 3, 2009,

omfg my rgr321ex has gone up by 60 pounds... and i was going to buy it this following week?!
**** this ****. If it is because of the ecnonomic crisis, maybe we should learn not to put our money in profit hungry private sector wankers? (banks)
Quote by hell_monkey
Lmao pantera? you'd think obama listened to some tupac or something
Quote by BackDoorEntry
maybe we should learn not to put our money in profit hungry private sector wankers? (banks)

Bit late to be learning that lesson now, isn't it?

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
You could try indie guitar's they have some very beautiful looking and crafting guitar's in your price range, they have a very nice.. sort of superstrat, flamed maple top with brilliant blue abalone inlays, very nice.

Check out their website, just google indie guitars
Black Knight CF-60F Semi-Acoustic.

Black Knight CP200 (Red flamed maple).

Neck-thru 4 string bass.

Acoustic 6 string.
I just did...those look nice!

Quote by GunsN'tallica
So I had my heart set on buying an RG2570Z, when I looked on the GAK website and I saw that the price of it had gone up from £570 to £929!!! Does anyone know where I can get that guitar at a cheaper price? I can't really save up £900 because im only 13 and I don't have a job or anything, and it's quite a lot of money. Or a recommendation of a similar guitar between £300-£600 would be good.

Thanks

Here it's under 700 pounds: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG2570Z-Electric-Guitar?sku=518082

http://finance.yahoo.com/currency-converter?u

Too bad they don't ship overseas.
You think that's bad? I went to the Tesco across the road and discovered my favorite energy drink has gone up from 75p to £1.24, just like that! And you think you know the meaning of true sorrow...? :p

Sounds like GAK has become a total rip-off. At the moment even Thomann isn't cheap thanks to the insane pound/euro exchange rate...
Which means the future of cheap import guitars is in the hands of Alastair Darling. I never trust a man who's eybrows and hair don't match....could this be the end of Ibanez's mid-range domination?

(Oh by the way, DV247 has it for £587.22)
Dont buy from GAK they are really bad!

UG Mods really have no sense of humour.....

i found my guitar cheaper on www.gear4music.com

If you can, try and find it on there, thats where i got my last amp and guitar from
Quote by hell_monkey
Quote by London_guitaris
y not gak? i had a bad experience too. wats urs

IMO theres nothing wrong with them (i havent ordered online from them), their instore prices are a joke though, but the service there is so great you wont find it anywhere else. You either love them or hate them
Quote by hell_monkey
They are crap and never have anything in stock and they are over priced.

Try gear4music i just got a EH pedal off of there or try dolphinmusic.co.uk i got my pod 2.0 and my ibanez and some other things from there and they are the best and usually quite cheap.

Quote by GunsN'tallica

yes i do, not anytime soon though, damn worldwide economic crisis. its mostly us americans fault though, so i apologize.

prices of guitars have been going up in america lately too, i dunno about them going up that much but they go up little by little every few months.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Weird stuff. I guess Europe's economy is in a bigger crapper than North America's? An Ibanez 2550Z is $1275CAD/$999.95USD. I can't imagine why the same thing except without a pickgaurd would be nearly $1700CAD.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
I think I've found a place that does the RG2570z for around £600.

I'll let you know tomorrow if that's a definite price or whether the guy I spoke to just hadn't updated his prices yet (although that price is higher than the price I was looking at a week ago).
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Baby Joel
No, its not Brown's fault. Its the fault of the banks being idiots, and the UK being so tied to the American stockmarket.

The bank run is his fault as he was responsible as for the economy for the decade before he became prime minister. He made the genius move of borrowing loads of money in the good times to spend and then borrowing a massive amount now to fund his even more insane spending. If he had saved money in the boom times then he would have some now to use. Thanks to his "genuis" loads of people are either worried about or actually losing their jobs.

Back to guitars there are still cheap enough ones around at the moment in the UK but soon the prices will go up in the UK due to the exchange rate and the manufacturers putting their prices up.
Quote by darkhorizon

The bank run is his fault as he was responsible as for the economy for the decade before he became prime minister. He made the genius move of borrowing loads of money in the good times to spend and then borrowing a massive amount now to fund his even more insane spending. If he had saved money in the boom times then he would have some now to use. Thanks to his "genuis" loads of people are either worried about or actually losing their jobs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Financial_crisis_of_2007-2008

yep, he's responsible for the global financial crisis.

there's nothing any chancellor could have done in the past 10 years to prevent this happening as it's a GLOBAL event. A different approach might have lessened the blow but we wouldn't have been in as good a position as we were before it happened.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by BackDoorEntry
omfg my rgr321ex has gone up by 60 pounds... and i was going to buy it this following week?!
**** this ****. If it is because of the ecnonomic crisis, maybe we should learn not to put our money in profit hungry private sector wankers? (banks)

go into a shop like GAK and haggle
works wonders..got about...35 quid off my old razorback in there
then asked for strings..got em free
nice guys
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
This happens every 10-20 years anyway and back to the guitars guys!

The edge II pro is better than the edge III even though i dont have a problem with the edge III on my old guitar.

Edit: Yeah GAK can barted because they over charge on nearly everything.

Yo, GunsN'tallica? As I said in my last post, DV247 are doing the RG2570Z for £587.22.

Okay, the extra twenty quid is an annoyance, but it's probably the best you'll get - still better than having to buy a different axe from the one you wanted. I've ordered from them before and have no complaints, better service than GAK in fact. Hope that helps.
Page 1 of 2