Page 1 of 2
On New Years, for fun, I brought my Mesa outside, and at 12:00 midnight, I turned it up as loud as it went, and played raining blood, and played some dive bombs

I called my friends who kinda live near me, and my friend said he heard me 5 blocks away.

This is just to prove, that you don't need 100W and, you don't need a half stack, its unnecessarily loud.
Cool story.

not really
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
Glad to read you're taking good care of your gear.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
If I happened to be your neighbor at the time, I would have started throwing rocks at you.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by Green_Jelly
Glad to read you're taking good care of your gear.

And obeying all manner of noise pollution laws amirite?
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
watts dont matter if you live in a quiet neighbourhood
Quote by Td_Nights
*Points to Above Poster*

Best. Username. Ever.

Quote by _-Joey-_
I wish I was gay...

PSN- td_rules Steam- tdrules
im going to buy a 100 watt amp.
i need to headroom.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by FRDesign
Whats so bad about taking my amp out onto a covered deck, with clear skys anyways...

^
Quote by FRDesign
I turned it up as loud as it went

That's not taking care of your gear.
Yeah, or maybe the amp you want doesn't come in a smaller size, and/or you simply decide to buy a power attenuator to get the cranked valves sound? I have a 100 watt H&K half-stack, I get a good sound out of it and it handles small gigs as well as large gigs fine and for all sorts of purposes.

The clean headroom is also a lot better than the 50watt version.

I also prefer the sound of a 4x12 pumping extra air and giving more low-end clarity than the combo versions of the amp.

Your point was, again? You don't 'need' anything above 5watts and you can mic something tiny etc. if you really want, but necessity isn't always the main factor in what you buy if you have the cash to buy something you won't want to replace a few years down the line.
Quote by FRDesign
you don't need 100W

Wrong...

Quote by FRDesign
you don't need a half stack

Wrong.
*Cool kid alert*
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
cool, my friends could hear my VALVE JUNIOR 5 blocks away. sound travels buddy.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Dont pretend you guys wouldnt crank your amp at midnight outside if you could. I damn well would. My neighbors are asshats.

I remember my drummer cranking his 200 watt SS peavey outside in broad daylight, the ringing in my ears was epic.
Quote by beckyjc
Dont pretend you guys wouldnt crank your amp at midnight outside if you could. I damn well would. My neighbors are asshats.

Nope, I'm actually nice to my neighbors and vice versa.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by FRDesign
nex year, everyone on UG should do this, and just blow up the world with loudness

RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420

Cranking up a 100 watt tube amp all the way...... It was probably also a cold night......

Clearly you are trying to kill your amp or your ears.
I leik music
he did it for the lulz, gaiz.

I should do that and play Auld Lang Syne.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Fender American Strat/Tele->Vox V847 Wah->EH LPB-1->BK Butler Tube Driver->Big Muff Pi->MXR Carbon Copy->EH Small Clone->Vox AC30/Orange Tiny Terror/Blues Deluxe RI
Quote by travislausch
And obeying all manner of noise pollution laws amirite?

Are you supposed to be a guitarist? Because that dosen't sound like something we would say...

Also...

Quote by FRDesign
nex year, everyone on UG should do this, and just blow up the world with loudness

That would be kickass.
Black then white are all I see,
in my infancy, red and yellow then came to be.
Last edited by <SpaceTime> at Jan 3, 2009,
Quote by Td_Nights
If I happened to be your neighbor at the time, I would have started throwing rocks at you.

rolls of firecrackers/smokebombs
Quote by <SpaceTime>

That would be kickass.

No it wouldn't. It would be extremely gay. I'd much rather spend my midnight on NYE drunk, with girls and out at a decent rock club instead of at my house lonely/sad enough to play my guitar at midnight on a night of celebration.
Last edited by DisarmGoliath at Jan 3, 2009,
Quote by timi_hendrix
The MG love may be gone, but it's nice to know you're still the same old cleft as ever.

+1, whatever that ('cleft') means.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by beckyjc
Dont pretend you guys wouldnt crank your amp at midnight outside if you could. I damn well would.

I would, but i'd kill half the neighbourhood as there's too many old people in this street who might get scared to death. At new year though, i really wanted to do it.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by Blompcube
I would, but i'd kill half the neighbourhood as there's too many old people in this street who might get scared to death. At new year though, i really wanted to do it.

It'd keep them off the road.
Quote by beckyjc
My neighbors are asshats.

....whooa....

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Quote by DisarmGoliath
No it wouldn't. I am extremely gay. I like to tell people on the internet that I'd rather spend my midnight on NYE drunk, with girls and out at a decent rock club me instead of tell them that i was at my house lonely and sad, because it increases the size of my e-penor, even though no one honestly believes me. I'm so much cooler than that guy who in celebration of new years turned up his amp real loud.

leme fix that for you.
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
Quote by DaddyBarbs
leme fix that for you.

How funny. On another note, if you seriously think cranking an amp to full while out in the cold on new years eve is a cool thing to do you need to either grow up or stop pretending. I won't even bother arguing with what you did to the post, because you're probably a 15-year old stereotype.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by timi_hendrix
The MG love may be gone, but it's nice to know you're still the same old cleft as ever.
I liked my MG the first day I bought it, after that, It caused pain for my ears
Quote by DisarmGoliath
No it wouldn't. It would be extremely gay. I'd much rather spend my midnight on NYE drunk, with girls and out at a decent rock club instead of at my house lonely/sad enough to play my guitar at midnight on a night of celebration.
I live in a small town, and I'm 16, considering there is no clubs, and I'm too young to go to them anyways, your point just sucks.
Quote by FRDesign
I live in a small town, and I'm 16, considering there is no clubs, and I'm too young to go to them anyways, your point just sucks.

Good for you, when I was 16 I still drank on new year's eve. I'm sure most people here did aswell, unless they are straight-edge. Being 16 further proves the stereotype, and I'm glad your argument was that my point 'sucks'. Thanks.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Page 1 of 2