Hi
Just wanted to hear peoples views.
WHAT COMES FIRST LYRICS OR THE MUSIC????

Any ideas!!!
I recently learned that I do exactly what James Hetfield does. I write the music then come up with the vocal melody, then write the lyrics basically syllable by syllable.
Megadeth > Metallica
Gibson > Fender
Randy Rhoads > Everybody

Quote by gamenerd323
451f you sig is the truest thing in the world

My sig > Yours
for me, i usually write both separately with no intention of either being put together, and once you have enough music and lyrics, i match them through moods and revise the hell out of them to make them fit
Quote by EddieCraig
for me, i usually write both separately with no intention of either being put together, and once you have enough music and lyrics, i match them through moods and revise the hell out of them to make them fit

THIS. It's what I do. Hell, if its good enough for Led Zeppelin its good enough for me
Quote by Zero-Hartman
The Bible is awesome. Revelation is so badass, I mean, dragons and angels and the devil having an epic battle in the clouds? Badass.
Quote by EddieCraig

I do this also

Guess it depends on the person, but I write the lyric first then fit the guitar part to it. That's just the way I do it because I'm a lyric writer first and formost. I find it easier to write lyrics first, just how my mind works I guess.
well for the only two songs i made i wrote the lyrics and then fited music to it, but it didnt work ut that good. Now i have 3 different sets of music prepared and a couple of lyrics so im gonna try and revise the lyrics to fit to the music, and if i have to, change the music a bit.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
i usually sit with a guitar and play the music that i wrote until words come. sometimes this doesn't work so i put it aside and move on
Quote by Harry Heck
You don't accept paypal? Would you take rupees?
Quote by EddieCraig

I'm gonna second this also..

But I usually write whatever I'm inspired to. If I can find some half decent lyrics within myself, I'll write them down and keep them. If I can't come up with lyrics I'll write music and then its a case of seeing what fits well together.. Just do whatever comes naturally first..
Quote by EddieCraig

I do this too, sometimes, but since i'm a lead vocalist and lead guitar, I try VERY hard to get lyrics to match up easily with the song line. i.e. - match up a word with a chord. (Since im not talented enough to do both at the same time and on different.... patterns... i guess) So i write both at the same time almost. As im writing music im putting down lyrics with it or the other way around.
Quote by St.Loony
Girls are complicated - Just turn gay and don't bother.

Quote by MightyAl
OK, so now, for Christmas, I'd like the ability to have an erection again.

Quote by smartguyreviews
one time i got up in the middle of the night to take a shit... and the toilet seat was warm....
I usually get inspired someway then Write music to describe the feeling... so later when I play the music I can get back into that mindset and fit Syllables to the melody with the right vowel or consonant sound... then make words from them

then work the words around a little bit to make sense.

At least I don't pick them from a hat *cough*David Bowie *cough*

(I love David Bowie, Just Quietly)
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"
You don't always have to do it in a certain order. Do whatever you think you have at the time. Just remember not to force the other bit. You're better off waiting than forcing a song.