Poll: Have you ever been in one?
Poll Options
View poll results: Have you ever been in one?
Yes, and I loved it
54 51%
Yeah, but it sucked balls.
14 13%
No, but I wanna go in one.
18 17%
No, and I never do.
20 19%
Voters: 106.
Page 1 of 2
Haha, I love them. But Ive had some pretty bad experiences in them, like getting trampled and clotheslined at the same concert once.

What does the Pit think about the pits?
love is love // return to dust
****ing awesome.

I might be in one tonight for my friends band
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
They are stupid. Just listen to the music, jump around a little bit, but stop being stupid little pricks and running around in circles slamming into people.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
So... That happened at a Sum41 concert?

Guess the song..

NER NER NER NER NER, DER DER DER DER DER, NER NER NER NER NER... ddodod-dede-dodod-dedede
yes and i loved it, but ow the pain, the terrible pain....
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by Jackolas
So... That happened at a Sum41 concert?

Guess the song..

NER NER NER NER NER, DER DER DER DER DER, NER NER NER NER NER... ddodod-dede-dodod-dedede

Hahaha, nah. A Burden of A Day concert actually.
I love going in them but I stopped because when I get out, my glasses always end up messed up.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by tancanada
Hahaha, nah. A Burden of A Day concert actually.

Cool, not heard. Guess the song? I put effort into that...
Quote by Wulphy
They are stupid. Just listen to the music, jump around a little bit, but stop being stupid little pricks and running around in circles slamming into people.

Pansy A$$
My rig:
Gibson faded V
Dean Razorback
Fender Showman Strat
Dean Dimebag Tribute ML
Custom guitar
Boss ME-50
Marshall AVT50H

92% of teenagers have moved to rap, put this in your sig if you're in the 8% that still listens to real music.
The Hell Song duhhhh ^^^

EDIT: And the Spider III is awful. Try playing through a semi-decent amp then judge, I used to have one ._.

On topic: I've been in like 2, one I wanted to, the other I didn't. I got unlucky in both of them.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
Last edited by andrew12398 at Jan 3, 2009,
I enjoy them just because 99% of the time, I'm the biggest guy there. Being 6'3" and 300 lbs, I clothesline people all the time, tackle them, what have you. Actually once, thi guy just ran right into me and he was like 100 lbs soaking wet and he just fell like he hit a damn wall and some dude stepped on his neck. I was too busy laughing to help him up. XD
Megadeth > Metallica
Gibson > Fender
Randy Rhoads > Everybody

Quote by gamenerd323
451f you sig is the truest thing in the world

My sig > Yours
Well I went in one once, but considering I was only 12, I got crushed by the big fat bald guys.

Would've been fun if I was older though, I'm sure.
Mosh pits are always fun!

nearly had my nose broken in one once, got kicked out for bleeding on the floor

wall of death is brutal though
Rockin' shit
Quote by andrew12398
The Hell Song duhhhh ^^^

Correcto!

About the ol' mosh pits, I prefer to just listen to the music and have fun in a more reserved manner....
Last edited by Jackolas at Jan 3, 2009,
Quote by GibsonVdude
Pansy A$$

Yeah, pansy ass.

I'm there to hear the music, and have fun. As soon as you stupid douchebags start slamming into me, you ruin it. Not to mention you look stupid as hell.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
At NIN, you cannot listen to March of the Pigs without moshing... It's impossible.
punk&metal wrote:

why would they star in a movie making fun of themselves

Subject: Spinal Tap.

Chill!
Quote by Jackolas
Correcto!

I was slowly scrolling down from the first time it was asked praying that it wasn't answered already.

I prefer more of the pushing if anything though. I don't like to stand back but yet I don't like to be in a pit.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
Last edited by andrew12398 at Jan 3, 2009,
Quote by Jackolas
Cool, not heard. Guess the song? I put effort into that...

Uhh I know its wrong, buttt Still Waiting maybe?

EDIT: Fcuk, The Hell Song! I knew that!
one nearly started at a local gig.. I was pumped cos someone just hit me and i was ready to go... but it didnt materialise.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

i'd take being beaten the crap out of in a mosh pit any day over grinding and all that other crap people do
Went to see slayer, i didn't go in because i wanted to stay with my friends, they didn't go in because they were scared.
Best one I've ever been in was during Underoath's set at Mayhem Fest. It was 5 billion times more intense than any of the headliners.
i love them
but i hate when people actually try to hurt you like they grab and slap you and all.
i prefer the whole bodys slamming into each other thing
There is more than one thing i have to say...
Mosh pits are awesome! I'm a skinny dude and I still get brutal.
Some people can't grasp teh concept, but I don't want them in my pits anyways.
Proud Member of the "Shoop da Whoop club"
PM C.C. Deville to join

O _0
/###############
|###############
\###############
I hav'nt moshed in over a year.
To be honest i'd rather watch the musicians than beat/get beaten up in a Mosh pit full of mis-understood social rejects getting their frustration of being excluded from most of society by exiling themselfs even more by kicking the snot out of each other in a maelstrom of black clothing, studs and long hair.

And sweat. Cant forget the sweat.
Quote by Moggan13
And sweat. Cant forget the sweat.

XD
Megadeth > Metallica
Gibson > Fender
Randy Rhoads > Everybody

Quote by gamenerd323
451f you sig is the truest thing in the world

My sig > Yours
Quote by ordino
i love them
but i hate when people actually try to hurt you like they grab and slap you and all.
i prefer the whole bodys slamming into each other thing

Yeah,
especially when guys start attempting roundhouse kicks and **** right in the middle of everyone.
Its like "WTF your gonna break my nose." or something. haha
Quote by Wulphy
Yeah, pansy ass.

I'm there to hear the music, and have fun. As soon as you stupid douchebags start slamming into me, you ruin it. Not to mention you look stupid as hell.

im there to listen to the music and to have fun too. i just view a pit as a sometimes safe and ligal way to blow off some steam instead of maybe halling off and beating the hell out of someone. i just dont like pits when people try to cause injuries... then they are retarded
My rig:
Gibson faded V
Dean Razorback
Fender Showman Strat
Dean Dimebag Tribute ML
Custom guitar
Boss ME-50
Marshall AVT50H

92% of teenagers have moved to rap, put this in your sig if you're in the 8% that still listens to real music.
some guy thought he was tough so he pushed me so then i pushed him and he fell, then he went at my cousin. my cousin burnt him with a cigarette, in the face. twas very funny
Last edited by amason51 at Jan 3, 2009,
i always go in them. their fun as ****, except when some scene kid starts swinging his limbs about like an epileptic. just slamming pits are cool. best ive been in was probably carcass at damnation or slayer on raining blood on this years unholy alliance

EDIT: i should mention i think its gay to try and slam into people who are just trying to watch the music. ive seen people carried out of gigs after being smacked in the face by some twat while not actually even in the pit. thats stupid.
Quote by duncang
If Varg had any sense of humour, he'd open the album with a cover of Superstition.
Last edited by Ripping Corpse at Jan 3, 2009,
There only fun when you drunk. Otherwise they hurt far too much. Only downside to going in them when drunk, is that you have several minor injuries to accompany your hangover the next morning.
Trust in me and fall aswell.
Yeah I go in them, and most of the time it's pretty fun. Although usually the majority of the time I stand near the edge of the pit and just push people that run past.

And getting on top of the crowd is 10x more fun then moshing.
Mosh pits rule, 'twas an epic one when Megadeth came to town.

Oh and I've moshed in a church during a local band's gig. That was the ironic thing i've ever seen, especially since the band played ska-punk.
Member 15 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS club. PM Revelations to join.

Founder of the I love nickelodeon club. PM me to join.
i love moshing.

hate when idiots think it's a fight though all the time.

on the flipside, I HATE HARDCORE DANCING. (but atleast it doesn't usually start fights, except when ppl are flailing and wailing like morons on purpose.)
Quote by yawn
Don't type in all caps.

Otherwise You Look Like A Complete Moron.

Quote by jazz_rock_feel
1) Bold print. Reason? Y/N?
Quote by AccidentsHappen
on the flipside, I HATE HARDCORE DANCING.

haha why?
thats just as fun.
Its cool sometimes, not cool sometimes. I remember my jeans almost came off once

Why do I wear my jeans so low?
Page 1 of 2