Hello.

I've looked, and searched, and used the help feature on the download site. Nothing works.

I downloaded it, installed it and can access it through Start>etc>etc, but when I click on a link on this website to open up a Power Tab link nothing happens exept I'm taking to the page "You must have Power Tab downloaded to..."

Have I missed something out? Do I need to download the song or something? Could someone please help me out, thanks
Last edited by Ankla at Jan 3, 2009,
I know, the name was a mistake. I edited it but it won't update.

It's suposed to say "Power tab" of course.
weird.sounds like you havent done everything.anyway, if you have guitar pro 5, you can import it using GP.
but the part you say
but when I click on a link on this website to open up a Power Tab link
is strange, i dont actually understand what you mean to say
When I search a band, say metallica, and I click on a hyperlink to a Power Tab tab page, I get the typical message:

"Please note that you must have Power Tab software installed on your computer in order to view this file. Read more what is Power Tab Editor."

I have downloaded Power Tab and can access it any time. But on the official website, the help page says I can click on any hyperlink on any tab hosting website and the program itself will open. It has not, in my case. Which is why I'm posting here asking for help.

I hope that's more clear for you.
just get tuxguitar if you're having trouble with powertab. go to download.com and search 'tuxguitar' its free and can open Guitar Pro and power tab. and is simpler than power tab imo.
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
but did you dowload the tab to your PC? do that, open the files local, from your computer

example: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/m/metallica/battery_power_tab.htm
click download "battery" power tab, save it and them go use the power tab aplication
That's the problem, haha. I must have missed that part. Thank's a lot dude.
i have guitar pro and can open power tab files. first you need to download them to your desktop or wherever you want. then open guitar pro, go File>Import>Power Tab it then should allow you to search for powertab files. find the one you want double click and there you go!
"We carry death out of the village!"

Then 'open with'
then 'browse'
then go to where you installed power tab (or use the shortcut on you desktop)

Done

Quote by szekelymihai
but did you dowload the tab to your PC? do that, open the files local, from your computer

example: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/m/metallica/battery_power_tab.htm
click download "battery" power tab, save it and them go use the power tab aplication

oh, whoops
Last edited by CrimsonBizzare at Jan 5, 2009,
Quote by RabbidWolf
just get tuxguitar if you're having trouble with powertab. go to download.com and search 'tuxguitar' its free and can open Guitar Pro and power tab. and is simpler than power tab imo.

Right. I use TuxGuitar as well, instead of Guitar Pro and Power Tab. TuxGuitar can open both and it's a lot better, too.
All for one and one for all.