Here is the new song I wrote, there are no lyrics yet. Its a really basic recording with a couple overdubs, its kinda sloppy too. I just wanted the basic idea down. so tell me what you think.
first of all i would turn the gain and treble down a bit.
as for the actual song, its pretty good. gets slightly repetitive though. im not so sure about 2:40 onwards. although i like the very last two chords.
i would like to hear it with bass and drums (if there are drums).
check out 60src on my profile
My current acoustic group:

Fiftieth Parallel

Martin Guitars
Elixer Strings
Acoustic amplification
BOSS pedals

Quote by jon93971
first of all i would turn the gain and treble down a bit.
as for the actual song, its pretty good. gets slightly repetitive though. im not so sure about 2:40 onwards. although i like the very last two chords.
i would like to hear it with bass and drums (if there are drums).
check out 60src on my profile

The bit 2:40 onwards was supposed to break the repetitiveness, but I dont think it work very well. I was trying a SOAD thing there, I will have to do something else. I dont have a bass or drums and I cant play either of them. So the best I would be able to do is use loops but they suck..

I really liked your song, I think the drums sounded really good with the guitars.
Thanks for the crit

I like the guitar sound.Download Reaper,

http://reaper.fm/download.php

It's a fully functional DAW(Digital Recording Workstation).You pay the $50 to buy it if you like and use it for more than 30 days on the honour system(We all do).

And the free Addictive Drums demo which has a good basic kit,

http://www.xlnaudio.com/?page=downloads&d_page=demoversion

Then you can lay down some drums etc
Quote by DuhSpesoBoyz
The bit 2:40 onwards was supposed to break the repetitiveness, but I dont think it work very well. I was trying a SOAD thing there, I will have to do something else. I dont have a bass or drums and I cant play either of them. So the best I would be able to do is use loops but they suck..

I really liked your song, I think the drums sounded really good with the guitars.

thanks
the part from around 2:20-2:40 is good, it does work in breaking up the song.
the rest after that, tbh, sounds to me like someone's just sliding they're hand up and down the neck hitting random notes. sorry if that seems really harsh, but that's what it sounds like to me i fi were you, i would scrap that bit, and put the final three chords at 2:40
as for the bass, what program are you using to record into?? can you record the bass using the guitar on a clean setting, the drop it an octave?? not perfect I know, but it makes a difference
listening to it again, i really like the verse. they have a good contrast with the chorus and ending, but nothing really seems out of place, bar 2:40 onwards. and, the guitar doesn't really need much changing actually. although still maybe slightly less treble to fill out the sound a little more
My current acoustic group:

Fiftieth Parallel

Martin Guitars
Elixer Strings
Acoustic amplification
BOSS pedals

Quote by jon93971
thanks
the part from around 2:20-2:40 is good, it does work in breaking up the song.
the rest after that, tbh, sounds to me like someone's just sliding they're hand up and down the neck hitting random notes. sorry if that seems really harsh, but that's what it sounds like to me i fi were you, i would scrap that bit, and put the final three chords at 2:40
as for the bass, what program are you using to record into?? can you record the bass using the guitar on a clean setting, the drop it an octave?? not perfect I know, but it makes a difference
listening to it again, i really like the verse. they have a good contrast with the chorus and ending, but nothing really seems out of place, bar 2:40 onwards. and, the guitar doesn't really need much changing actually. although still maybe slightly less treble to fill out the sound a little more

Thanks I will definately get rid of 2:40 onwards. I am using gearbox to record so it definataly is possible for bass. Thanks for the crit
Sounds like a decent song, would like hear it with drums and bass. Like everyone else said, 2:40+ doesn't seem to fit the rest of the song, but you might be able to make it work. There's a few places that you go out of time at during the verses, but with drums thats an easy fix. Good work.