I'm looking for a new amp and could use some advice. My requirements are only really that its loud, because later on I'm gonna get a POD XT Live and so tone isn't the most important of things for me. My local guitar store near me has some great deals on used amps and I'm looking for your opinion, though I will also go new of course. I would prefer to not have to go over the $200-$250 line, but I will pay more if it's really worth it.

The amps near my store that I'm looking at currently are a,

Fender Power Chorus - $175 - Loud, not the greatest tone, but I haven't been able to find anything online on it.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe - $450 - Amazing... but expensive
Fender Blues Jr - $300 - Great sound , but I'm wondering if its loud enough to gig.
Fender Frontman 212R 100W - $250 - Loud but I'm not sure how a POD XT will interact with a SS.

Yes... my store stocks a lot of of Fender... any advice and opinions are much appreciated.

So yes, needs to be giggable, preferably not too expensive and work well with a POD XT Live.
Maybe a used Roland JC-120? Or a Peavey Transtube possibly.

Better still, an Atomic Reactor 112:

It's essentially a valve combo with no preamp, with special insert to use your favorite modeller. Great idea, and it came way before the Spider Valve...

EDIT: Oh yeah, I gigged for over a year with a Blues Junior and there was never a time where it ran short of volume. For 95% of venues, 15W is plenty these days - and the other 5% should have good PA systems anyway...
Last edited by kyle62 at Jan 3, 2009,
Quote by kyle62
Maybe a used Roland JC-120? Or a Peavey Transtube possibly.

Better still, an Atomic Reactor 112:

It's essentially a valve combo with no preamp, with special insert to use your favorite modeller. Great idea, and it came way before the Spider Valve...

EDIT: Oh yeah, I gigged for over a year with a Blues Junior and there was never a time where it ran short of volume. For 95% of venues, 15W is plenty these days - and the other 5% should have good PA systems anyway...

i never heard of Atomic amps
so you cant use them if you don't have a modeler ??
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
i never heard of Atomic amps
so you cant use them if you don't have a modeler ??

Yea, please elaborate on these Atomic amps.
Anyone? and I am considering the option of getting a good amp and building a pedal board, though this will be much more expensive, is the overall quality in tone worth it?
Nobody's ever seen Atomic amps? They've been around for years.

Basically, the Atomic amp is all tube. But the preamp is run by a selected modeler.

It's basically the most versitle and organic sounding way to use a POD or VOX w/e they were.

I have major GAS for one....
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Thats a great deal on the Fender Frontman. That thing is LOUD. Great clean channel too. I would check out websites like Guitar Center or Musicians Friend and read peoples reviews. Thats what I usually do when Im thinking about getting something new.