One of my old neighbors, told me he had "some random" guitar body lying around, which I picked up just before new years. I don't think he realized what he was giving away as it turns out it was a Telecaster body, with the neck single coil still in place mounted in the pick guard. However before I spend the money buying a telecaster neck, I was wondering if one of the American strat necks I have lying around would bolt on without any problems.

Also I was wondering if anyone could suggest a decent place online to order the bridge, and switch plate for the tele.
Guitars
Godin LG HMB (SD SH-13 Bridge)
Fender Stratocaster (Texas Specials)
Squire Jagmaster (SD SH-4 / TH-4)
Martin DXK2 Dreadnought
Ovation Celebrity CS 25

Amps
Marshall AVT50 & AVT20
Peavey Classic 30
Kendrick Texas Crude Roughneck
I would talk to the users LP Addict or nuthinbuttrubl8 for parts, as they are lincensed dealers and might send a 5% dicount your way, just for being a UGer...

As for the necks, I direct you to...

http://www.warmoth.com/guitar/necks/necks.cfm?fuseaction=faq2

Warmoth's "will it fit?"

Yes, a strat neck will fit with a slight gap, and yopu need to ensure that they have compatible scale lengths and will intonate properly.

How do you do that? First, measure from the nut to the 12th fret, and double it. That is your scale length. Since it is a Fender Strat neck, it ought to be 25 and 1/2 inches. Now, holding or clamping the neck in its final position on the tele body, make sure the distance from the nut to the bridge saddles equals the scale length. If not, you'll have intonation problems.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
The only problem with that I guess is the fact that the guitar doesn't have a bridge at the moment. The only things I really got was a Tele body, pickguard, and the neck pick up.

I just ordered a vintage style bridge, switch plate, and input jack from Warmoth, so I'll have to check the lengths after I mount the bridge.
Guitars
Godin LG HMB (SD SH-13 Bridge)
Fender Stratocaster (Texas Specials)
Squire Jagmaster (SD SH-4 / TH-4)
Martin DXK2 Dreadnought
Ovation Celebrity CS 25

Amps
Marshall AVT50 & AVT20
Peavey Classic 30
Kendrick Texas Crude Roughneck