So I bought a Jackson Kelly performer series off some kid on local Craigslist. I was mainly after the Jackson/charvel hardcase that the kid had for the Kelly, since my Jackson case for my KE1 is beat to death.

I'm debating to either throw this KE3 perf. with my beat case back on Craigslist, or go ahead and mod it?

Anyone have an opinion on additions for it?

Only paid $200 for it, kid was hurting for some cash.

Jackson KE1F
Jackson KE2
Gibson Gothic Explorer
BC Rich Jr V deluxe

Engl Powerball full stack
Framus Cobra
VHT Pittbull CL50
so you bougth the green one?

mod that bitch!
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
only paid 200 bucks!!!!! omg thats a good deal that awsome, mod it up
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Good deal, and a new guitar is a new guitar (even if its just new to you). So unless cash is an issue mod it my friend.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
MOD! Beside the fact, the only thing you need to really change are the pickups and tuners. That I think is a Schaller made LFR, AKA very good.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Yeah, definitely mod it. It will be really fun on such a swanky guitar, and it will give the guitar more meaning to you than just "some cheap deal I got".
Quote by oneblackened
MOD! Beside the fact, the only thing you need to really change are the pickups and tuners. That I think is a Schaller made LFR, AKA very good.

The licensed Floyd seems to stay in tune as good as the original floyd in my other kelly, so that definantly good! What is wrong with the tuners? They appear to be the same tuners that are on my KE1.

The pickups on this thing aren't very good, pretty muddy sounding. I am thinking a Duncan Distortion and SH2 pickup combo for it, and I'd like to find a different neck for it. I'd like to find a maple fretboard, black sharkfin inlays, and preferably with binding also. Found one on Ebay last night, but was a reverse headstock version. Not really my thing. The rosewood board with dot inlays is rather boring.

I did put it up on Craigslist for $300 last night. It's the green finish that slightly kills my motivation on it. I'd prefer a trans black or red version.

If it doesn't sell I'll go ahead and hunt for parts anyway!
Jackson KE1F
Jackson KE2
Gibson Gothic Explorer
BC Rich Jr V deluxe

Engl Powerball full stack
Framus Cobra
VHT Pittbull CL50
i would buy it if youre selling please ive been looking everywhere for 1............. puh-lease!!

also where are you from ill buy it if you tell me where you are
Quote by Vauxite
Lots of lulz were produced, thankyou good sir
Last edited by wigzwamz at Jan 5, 2009,
also howd u get it so cheap?
Quote by Vauxite
Lots of lulz were produced, thankyou good sir
it's yours if you want it, I'm in Ca.
Jackson KE1F
Jackson KE2
Gibson Gothic Explorer
BC Rich Jr V deluxe