I have a standard Fender Telecaster, which I have enjoyed for over 4 years. I've never played with another electric, except for some goofing around. I recently heard that telecasters are hard to play because of the U shape of their neck; and that's why Clapton and others prefer the strat. Also, people don't like the twangy sound of the telecaster.

Here's my question: I want to get rid of the twangy sound and have a more psychedelic, driving rock sound. What pickups would you put into the telecaster to get this sound rather than the traditional twang? Someone mentioned Joe Barden's, but I've never seen a modified telecaster to know the difference in sound.
first things first, take off your pickguard to see what pickups it's routed for.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?