my singer wants to practice screaming
he cant do it in his house cus he lives with his parents (hes 15)
there arent any big parks near him
where do you practice screaming,
without his parents thinking he is deranged?
thanks
'If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.' Albert Einstein
you dont give a **** what your parents think and just do it.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

do it in a pillow

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

at your house
Quote by Victor Wooten
Frontbassman, You Win!
Also, Sig this or die!

^Yea you read right, Victor Wooten just gave me a complement.

Quote by kevin14u2nv

dude, in flames sucks.
all their music sounds the same

^ he listens to dragonforce
Just don't.
Don't get ideas by that 'holy' in my name.
I'm an atheist.
And I'm NOT a banana.
You...ummm....don't?

You can seriously **** up your voice if you do it wrong.

Get lessons.
Quote by Perfection 101
If we all had this guy's clarity of thought, world peace would ensue

Quote by Zugunruhe
incidentally, there are absolutely no results for "bizzare anal kazoo" on google.

you don't have ot be loud if you're doing it right. plus, his band will sound like **** if he starts screaming

EDIT:
Quote by Minkaro
Tell his parents that I'm sorry, but I'm practising whether they think he's deranged or not.

I love grammar
Quote by Finnepinne
In the shower

this
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
What you do is:

1.Get vocal lessons, learn how to sing properly first (assuming he can't, no offence)

2. In said vocal lessons learn, and then practise like hell, how to control one's breathing - proper technique is the second most important part of good singing, after confidence.

3. When ready to progress to techniques the voice isn't really designed for, find a teacher that can pass on extreme techniques properly and prevent one damaging one's voice.

4. 'Proper technique' generally requires little actual volume from the scream or growl - just enough to be audible to a microphone. Most metal vocalists bring the mic closer when screaming/growling as it is quieter than when they sing normally (properly).

5. Avoid the early hardcore style of vocals, where many 'vocalists' ruined their voice by literally screaming. Imagine how long their voices last after screaming at the top of their lungs several nights a week for months on end.

P.S If I see someone asking this again in another new thread, they won't get any helpful advice and I'll purposely guide them to destroying their vocal chords.
tell him to learn to scream like the guy from Pestilence on Consuming Impulse... greatest screaming vocals ever. Not the high pitched pussy vocals out there now.
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
Quote by badgerific
Do it on the toilet.

I heard somewhere that it's really unhealthy to even attempt to start screaming before like 16 or 17 but I have no idea if that's true or not. Just heard it somewhere....
Quote by Vos

I heard somewhere that it's really unhealthy to even attempt to start screaming before like 16 or 17 but I have no idea if that's true or not. Just heard it somewhere....

Yeah it's not terribly good to go for certain sounds until your voice has dropped.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
'Get vocal lessons, learn how to sing properly first (assuming he can't, no offence'
assuming makes an ASS out of U and ME, Disarm Goliath.
he can sing.

and btw i remember seeing you play the shed, leicester, on an under 16s music day.
youre a signed band.
'If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.' Albert Einstein
Last edited by Jake the Peg at Jan 4, 2009,
In car.

as for how to scream, you can't ask that here to my knowledge....>...>
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Quote by captaincrunk
you don't have ot be loud if you're doing it right. plus, his band will sound like **** if he starts screaming

EDIT:
I love grammar

He's a Mink, you can't expect him to be perfect with Human Language Skills.
I growl or sing (no, it's not soooo loud) when I'm walking, let's say, in a park or something and no-one is near me. That may sound freaky, but at least yoou think no-one is hearing. ^^

And if his parents are out, can't he do it then?

And by the way, tell him to check out Melissa Cross and Zen of Screaming. Please.
If he drinks a bottle of Scotch a day, and eats 20 packets of salt and vinegar crisps and smokes forty fags, he wont need to practice screaming, he will just radiate brutality.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
^I'm pretty sure you just described what I'd do if I had no care for my health at all.

In a pillow or wait until his parents leave. I always played crazy noise-rock feedback as loud as possible when my parents were gone.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Last edited by snipelfritz at Jan 4, 2009,
ok.
im very sorry about the grammar mistake.

whats a Mink

arent they little otter type things?
Quote by Jake the Peg
ok.
im very sorry about the grammar mistake.

whats a Mink

arent they little otter type things?

They're like cats, but are more 'Minkish'.