so i got a record player that is from the 70's, and it still works great, and a receiver that is probably from 95, and for some reason, the volume for the record player doesnt get very loud, but when i listen to the radio, it will blow you away when the volume is turned halfway up. did i plug something up wrong or am i just going to have to deal with it?
Member of the Nick Grundy group

Creator of The American Bass Fishing Group <join it if you like to fish
this is what i get for asking the pit...

Quote by u.s.m.c.to-be
this is what i get for asking the pit...

Pretty much.
Think anyone in the pit really uses old record players?
Google it, or try to find it yourself... the Pit is not a good place for this type of thing, i'm afraid.
This is a clever, witty signature. Rofl at my glory.
You need a preamp for it. The same thing happened with mine when I tried to play it through my Yamaha receiver.
You probably need a record player adapter

It takes the phono signal to a line signal so you can hook it to your system if it has RCA inputs, or your computer

http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-Ultra-Compact-Phono-Preamp-PP400/dp/B000H2BC4E/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I have that product above for 2 years, and works just as a good as the first day it came in.

You mess with the flag, you're still a spade
try plugging it in different ways, check the model on the net I'm sure you can fin something, google the problem, unfotunately I can't help any further.
Quote by nospacesallowed
I need somebody
HELP!
Not just anybody
You know I need some one

damn you have the same thoughts as me!!!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

i googled it and saw it was $995. ill deal with it at that price.

they vary in prices, depending on how good you want your system to sound. These things determine 95% of the sound quality apparently. There's a good one called the 'Gram 1' or something that goes for £100. That's about $175.