well i play in standard E at church. and i play in drop d alot .then i play in c# every day. is this bad for my guitar?
stay in C# and invest in a capo
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
ur messing with the neck
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
Not at all.

Okay, I lie.

But only very slightly, and nothing that can't be fixed with a little truss rod tweaking once every year-ish.
Not necessarily BAD, changing then tuning of your guitar is okay especially since the difference in those tunings isn't that big. You are "supposed" to adjust things like the action, the bridge, and truss rod because changing the tuning can affect those but it shouldn't be a big deal
I go from C to E quite often, so i've got the same problem. I'm currently investing in a guitar for each.
Studies have shown that 92% of guitar players are close-minded. Copy this into your signature if you're part of the 8% who enjoy rap.

Me
As long as you watch the guitar and respond to any changes such as in action when it is in standard, the way the neck is bending, and any intonation issues, yeah it should be fine. If you did this everyday for a long time it would probally mess it up eventually, but if you are proactive and are looking to invest into another guitar down the line i say why not. Its important to play what you want to more than it is to make sure that your gear is perfect thirty t=years from now
i enjoy head
Quote by ginjaninja
Not at all.

Okay, I lie.

But only very slightly, and nothing that can't be fixed with a little truss rod tweaking once every year-ish.

straight up, and honestly, if your asking this question, you probably wouldnt notice your truss rod beign a little off anyway. i surely didnt notice 8 years ago. . . of course now, i can more then feel if anything on m guitar is off. . .
Electro Metal???

myspace.com/lividarchaic
I would say get a guitar that you can keep in standard and Drop D, and then get one that you can keep in C#.
well i am 16 adn i am going to be going away to school in another state. so i haft to save for that. then i need to get a car. so i have no cash.