Hey,

I have been playing the guitar for about a half year, and I feel I'm ready to upgrade from my current equipment:

Squier stratocaster (the black and chrome one with a humbucker)
Roland cube 15x

I can spend something like 300 euro

I mostly play metal and hardrock by the way

hope my english isn't that bad
where are you in europe? i'm just asking because with the current exchange rates, if you're willing to buy online (and if postage isn't a killer, which it might be depending on where in europe you are), if you're willing to buy from the UK you might get a bargain.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
keep ur amp an stick wiv squire/fenders get either a tele or a strat but keep it simple nwt fancy like gold hardware an dimond nobs
Quote by Dave_Mc
where are you in europe? i'm just asking because with the current exchange rates, if you're willing to buy online (and if postage isn't a killer, which it might be depending on where in europe you are), if you're willing to buy from the UK you might get a bargain.

I'm living in the Netherlands, so not far from the UK at all
+1 to what dave said.

Maybe look at this:
http://www.thomann.de/gb/ibanez_rg321mhww.htm
http://www.thomann.de/gb/ibanez_rg321mhrb.htm
The only difference between the two is the colour. They're pretty good for the money and a popular choice among metal and rock players. They're also great modding platforms.

Otherwise, take a look at Vintage, they make rather nice Les Paul guitars and some are available within 300 (or slightly above), especially when buying online. www.dolphinmusic.co.uk has some good deals on them usually, at least they're a lot cheaper than other websites or even stores that I know about concerning that brand.

If you are willing to buy a used guitar, you could get a Yamaha Pacifica 612 for or a Fender MIM Strat for 300 bucks. If you are interested in a strat, make sure it is a model with a humbucker in the bridge position you buy, a single coil won't be too great for metal.

EDIT: If you can wait a little, it's probably a good idea to save up a little more. If you had, let's say 400€ - 500€, you had a lot more options and access to higher quality guitars.

I forgot to mention these, they're good rock and metal guitars:
http://www.thomann.de/gb/ibanez_art120_bk.htm
http://www.thomann.de/gb/ibanez_art120wh.htm
Last edited by TheQuailman at Jan 3, 2009,
i'm not sure what the postage would be to the netherlands (it could be a lot, or it might be not too bad- it's likely to vary from shop to shop), but for £300 here you could get a washburn x50pro or yamaha pacifica 612V... at current exchange rates that's only going to be slightly over 300 euro (don't forget about commission charges though)... as i said, though, postage might be the problem. plus you'd have to buy unseen.

gak, dolphin and places like that would be worth a look, online...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?