there's a HELL of a lot more to EVH's tone than an immitation pickup

also if youre using a spider 3 you've got no chance of getting a faithful replication
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
I bought one of those and put it in my Frankenstrat Squier POS type of thing.
Sounds pretty good, but it's very shrill to my ears. Doesn't sound good without heaps of gain.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Fender American Strat/Tele->Vox V847 Wah->EH LPB-1->BK Butler Tube Driver->Big Muff Pi->MXR Carbon Copy->EH Small Clone->Vox AC30/Orange Tiny Terror/Blues Deluxe RI
I should have mentioned that I am putting this in a blank body i have that i currently have no pickup in, and if I wanted your advice on my amp i would have asked for it.
Quote by juniorlbj
Gentlemen...

It's fap time!
You seriously need a better amp before you consider upgrading pickups. What don't you like about your tone? What are you trying to achieve? Budget?

Quote by TheSlashman
I should have mentioned that I am putting this in a blank body i have that i currently have no pickup in, and if I wanted your advice on my amp i would have asked for it.

If you had a quality amp you'd notice the difference in pickups and we'd be able to tell you if it'd sound good for you or not.
Last edited by maggot2011 at Jan 3, 2009,
you said you were after a "nice EVH sound" alls i said is that it'd be a very tall order

if its going in a blank body thats a different story, its cheap enough, might as well go for it
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
I have the Crunchy Rail and its great!!!
I Put it in my Virgin and sounds awesome!!!
Way more better than those stock pick ups
My Gear
B.C. Rich Virgin N.J.
B.C. Rich Warlock N.J.
B.C. Rich Beast I.T.
Epiphone Goth Explorer
Stagg HK-300 (my first electric guitar)
Stagg Semi Acoustic
2 Spanish Guitars
Boss MT-2
Boss ME-50
Marshall 15 watt amp
Get a good PAF copy for a decent EVH style tone, the SD '59 does a pretty good job and is fairly inexpensive.