Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
The knobs look different than on the regulars.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by shredding king
thats definitly a fake u can tell by the head a real epi head looks like this http://www.ethereal3d.com/Products/Epiphone-Full-3.jpg

It has the authentic Epiphone logo and the Gibson truss rod cover. I'd say the headstock was reasonably legit.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
A bad pun, but it is a "Custom" so he could of done what he likes to it.

Doesn't mean its a fakey though.
My "Rig":

Fender American Telecaster
Boss OD-2
EHX Small Clone
EHX SMM avec HAZARAI
I'm not sure if that model is the LP Custom as he mentioned. The tuner shape is different from mine, the TR cover has 3 screws (mine has 2), and the TR on mine says Les Paul Custom. BTW, mine is from the Elite Series, MIJ for the local Japan market.

Quote by Ed Hunter
It has the authentic Epiphone logo and the Gibson truss rod cover. I'd say the headstock was reasonably legit.

its supposed to be an mij, they dont use those covers...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
It is real, older Japanese Epi's have the open book headstock and 2 screw truss rod cover.

Don't listen to people who really don't know what they are talking about.

Edit

Got confused with the 'Elite' (not to be confused with Elitist) series!

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Last edited by Chrisiphone at Jan 3, 2009,
Quote by Chrisiphone
It is real, older Japanese Epi's have the open book headstock and 2 screw truss rod cover.

Don't listen to people who really don't know what they are talking about.
The one on eBay has 3 screws.

See my above post.

A Japan only Epiphone should have the Gibson open book style headstock, but the headstock still doesn't look right not to mention what looks like a sticker for the serial no. which also doesn't look right.

This is a real MIJ Japan-Only Epiphone

my epiphone LP doesn't have sharp corners on the end of the headstock like that. i wouldn't risk buying it. especially online.
Quote by shredding king
thats definitly a fake u can tell by the head a real epi head looks like this http://www.ethereal3d.com/Products/Epiphone-Full-3.jpg

Are you joking? I mean, seriously? You have never seen the high end Epi's built in Japan with that headstock?
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
I wouldn't do it anyway. It's missing an inlay and there's a huge scratch apparently on the back of the neck. Besides, you can find much better guitars for that price.
Well, I'm not sure on the tuners, but there really shouldn't be a sticker serial number
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
Last edited by TehMasterSword at Jan 3, 2009,
Quote by qstionauthority
my epiphone LP doesn't have sharp corners on the end of the headstock like that. i wouldn't risk buying it. especially online.

Because you more than likely have a typical made in Korea or China Epiphone. The line of Epiphones made for the Japanese market only have the Gibson open book style headstock, see the two photos I posted. That being said the one in question istill doesn't look right, the headstock looks like it narrows too much towards the the end. Almost looks like someone tried to convert the Elitist headstock to a Gibson headstock unless the photos are playing tricks on my eyes.
Quote by Ippon
^^^ and here's a comparison of an Elitist and a Japan only Epi:

Win right there.

The Left one is Elitist, the right one is an Elite model.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
who in their right mind would make a fake epi. not to bash epi because i love their new prophecy guitars but who would do that?
when in doubt don't buy it!!!
But if you really love then why the hell not i'm not an expert.
But I wouldn't do it
My Gear
B.C. Rich Virgin N.J.
B.C. Rich Warlock N.J.
B.C. Rich Beast I.T.
Epiphone Goth Explorer
Stagg HK-300 (my first electric guitar)
Stagg Semi Acoustic
2 Spanish Guitars
Boss MT-2
Boss ME-50
Marshall 15 watt amp
Quote by cts0209
who in their right mind would make a fake epi. not to bash epi because i love their new prophecy guitars but who would do that?

so they could sell them to people like you who will automatically think its real, because no one would make a fake one...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
read his feedback usually other people say if hes a good seller or if hes sold fakes before and ask for serial and whatnot
This next band asked me to read this 'Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden and Molly Hatchet all had sex and now please welcome their two-headed baby 'Tenacious D '

myspace.com/dinosaur_sandwich
how about checking the serial on the back of the headstock?!

it's so simple it might just work O_o
^yeah but it looks like a sticker..
Quote by RetroGunslinger
according to the number it was made in korea in 1989.

edit: and that would make sense why it looks like a sticker..thats how they were for the korean models
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Last edited by fifer at Jan 3, 2009,
I guess it can be assumed its fake. It shouldn't have a sticker, the serial number says Korea, and the headstock is of those only made in Japan.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
Quote by TehMasterSword
I guess it can be assumed its fake. It shouldn't have a sticker, the serial number says Korea, and the headstock is of those only made in Japan.

To further confuse matters, there are Japanese brands of LP and SG copies that are MIK and have the same open book headstock like the Gibsons.

The MIJ ones don't all show the engraved(?) SN and MIJ ... for example, some Burnys. ...

no it is a real epiphone, and that headstock is different than the mij ones. you can see it get smaller instead of bigger as you look up. thats how the korean ones were in the 80s. its korean..
Quote by RetroGunslinger