Hey I am new to these big pedals. The only pedals that i have used have been the small easy to use ones. I have a Peavey JSX half stack and like to play a wide range of music but mainly soloing and heavy riffs.

Which one would be best to buy and why?
I own an ME-50 and I love it. Tons of presets you can edit. Change your tone with a stomp on the button. Everything is really easy to use. It's my go to pedal if I am feeling funky and I wanna try something new. There are lots of possibilities. I have never used a GT 10 so I dunno what good can come of that. I'm satisfied with my ME-50. But whatever you keep, just keep rocking brother.
Quote by paranoideyes
introduce her to the back of your hand.
Quote by saphrax
Remember kids.
Backhand = Discipline
Palm hand = Abuse

Do yourself a favor and plug into a higher end POD before you make your decision.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by scott58
Do yourself a favor and plug into a higher end POD before you make your decision.

Smart idea. Also, I will say this, the JSX clean channel takes pedals GREAT. Running a Boss GT-10 into it would sound killer. I wouldn't buy it for metal though. I'd go pod.
ha sorry about the bumping i kinda wanted to get my answer fast cause i was going to decide tomorrow morning.

I mainly play metal/hardcore riffs and solos for the band i am in. we also have calm clean parts in our songs too so i just wanted effects to give it that exta wow feeling. I am also new to all of the effects and pedals so i dont know much about them.

What POD would you reccomend?

EDIT : i looked at the pod x3 live and it sounds nice but looks very confusing
Last edited by ibanezeagle18 at Jan 3, 2009,
Quote by ibanezeagle18
i looked at the pod x3 live and it sounds nice but looks very confusing

Yeah, a bit. Took me about 3 weeks to get a handle on my POD XT Live, but it was well worth the learning curve. If you got the cash get the X3 live. It's got alot more then my XT and the XT is great.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
For what you've said you need it for, the GT-10 is a waste of time. Just buy the ME-50 if you want to smother your cleans with effects. The distortions on both boards are generally crap compared to the JSX tones.

In all seriousness, you should be looking at stomp boxes, not multi effects. Go on youtube and search for MXR pedal demos - you'll want at least an overdrive and a 10 band EQ - as mentioned above - for your lead tones, and any combination of either a chorus, reverb or delay pedal to make your cleans 'prettier'.