I know .10-.46 is ok for drop d, but would 11-50 be ok as well? I currently have a .12-.56 set on my ibanez but it just feels too thick. So would 11-50 feel thick as well, or is it ok? I want to get some advice from other people before I go and waste money.
11-50 would give you a thicker tone and be tighter, so less fret buzz than 10-46, but it would be harder to bends and stuff.

I would look at trying out some Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottoms, they're great, .10-.52 hybrid guages
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR <3
I'm sure they can be used for drop D, have tried a guitar at a shop with these and they're ok. They're a bit thicker compared to 10-46, so if you bend a lot, I'd recommend 10-46. but it's all personal preference.
████████
████████
████████
10 - 52's all the way
~~~~~~
LTD EC-256 - AGED VINTAGE BLACK
Schecter C-1 Plus - BLACK CHERRY
Peavey 6505+ 112
BOSS NS2
DigiTech Bad Monkey OD
Maxon SD9

~~~~~~
Go with the 11s. I had 12s once and they broke my nut from all the tension. So now I always use 11s as I dislike 10s a lot.
New Setup:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Black SG w/ 3 Hum.)
Peavey Classic 50
EHX Metal Muff
Cry Baby 535Q

"I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to"
Jimi Hendrix
go with the 10s, they are thin enough to easily play solos, but thick enough to keep the tension from being too loose.
I was hooked on 9's for the longest time as they are fast as hell, but Ive since started liking 10's much more. I raised my action some as well, I actually enjoy a bit of fight from my guitar as Ive gotten better (I know, 10's are still wimpy over 11's, but oh well).
10 - 52 is perfect for drop-D. 11-52 is better for D-standard though, I'd say.
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
How can you people play 10s? I feel like a little pus*y if I do for one thing. But mainly they are too loose even in standard, the sustain and tone isn't as good, the e breaks, etc. Once I get a better nut on my guitar I'm getting some 12s.
New Setup:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Black SG w/ 3 Hum.)
Peavey Classic 50
EHX Metal Muff
Cry Baby 535Q

"I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to"
Jimi Hendrix