Hey ppl... i was wondering how your dream guitars would look like? .. (if you don't feel content with the ones you own, that is:P) i'm talking Details... brand, model, style, hardware, electronics (even if they don't excist), and even finishes, woods, designs, inlays, and so on.

My personal dream guitar would be a Gibson les Paul Junior, without all the hightech features that are coming with their new robots and dark fires... with a nice old-school feel.. having a vintage sunburst finish. Vintage kluson nickle tulip-head tuners, and otherwise a standard les paul style head and neck, though with classic dot inlays. it should have a wrap-around bridge, with good intonation settings. Solid Mahogany body, but hopefully a bit lighter than most les pauls.

As for the pickup situation, it should have a humbucker pickup in the bridge position which has a Seymour Duncan SH-4 sound, but having the option of coil-splitting so it has more of a P-90/H-90 sound. (probably impossible.. but my fantasy nonetheless) and a pickup in neck position also (technically making it a Les Paul Special, but who cares) which has a nice round bluesy (Alnico pro 2) sound, but also with quite a chunk of hendrix sound in aswell. ... it should have 2 volume knobs for each pickups, but have a master tone for both pickups.
Last edited by joshpunk at Jan 3, 2009,
My dream guitar looks like it's in the wrong forum, and this thread looks like a Perry Ormsby SS multiscale.

Oh wait... the other way around.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by Øttər
My dream guitar looks like it's in the wrong forum, and this thread looks like a Perry Ormsby SS multiscale.

Hey, thats my favourite too :P

PS. Its an SX, not an SS

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
Oh ok I wasn't sure!

I just know of your SS guitars, which are sexeh, and I know of your multiscales, which are double sexeh, so i just kind of put the together haha!

Cheers,

Ryan.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Quote by Øttər

+1

ESP King V or EX.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
well this could be in the right forum,

considering you may have to modify a good guitar to the right specs to make it the perfect guitar

anyways, mine would probably be a white neck through Jem with the full "tree of life" or whatever you call it inlay. it would have gold hardware and a fernandez sustainer in the first humbucker slot with another single coil. it will have a clear pickguard and a 9 volt jack next to the guitar chord jack so when im at home i dont have to waste nine volts.

..whew
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Well if we are going to talk about custom guitars....

24 fret birdseye maple, neckthrough, birdseye maple fretboard
Quilted, flamed maple cap on a mahogany, strat shaped body
Back painted cream, black painted on binding, natural maple front
Scalloped cutaways, carved top
Green abalone dot inlays
All satin chrome hardware
Recessed TOM bridge
Custom wound stacked humbucker in the bridge, custom wound singles in the middle and neck. This give my all time favourite SSS look with my all times favourite HSS configuration. All custom wound by a UGer, either Phil or Chris.
2 vol, 2 tone, 3 way switch. The middle single won't be wired up.
Strat style input jack, graphite nut.

What am I missing here?

Oh, an oiled neck.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
24 fret birdseye maple, neckthrough, birdseye maple fretboard
Quilted, flamed maple cap on a Poplar, Jackson Kelly shaped body
Ibanez JPM design paint, black/white.
Scalloped cutaways, flat top
Black MOP Roman Numeral Inlays according to fret (i.e Fret 3's inlay is III 12 is XII, etc.)
All black hardware
Ibanez Edge Pro Bridge
Reverse Polarity JB , JEM Single Coil, SH2N Jazz with Reversed Polarity
3 vol, 5 way switch. No tone.
Strat style Input, Locking nut.
Lightly oiled neck, finished in Clear Satin to prevent stickyness.

I one day will own this guitar, mark my words.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Quote by joshpunk
My personal dream guitar would be a Gibson les Paul Junior, without all the hightech features that are coming with their new robots and dark fires... with a nice old-school feel.. having a vintage sunburst finish. Vintage kluson nickle tulip-head tuners, and otherwise a standard les paul style head and neck, though with classic dot inlays. it should have a wrap-around bridge, with good intonation settings. Solid Mahogany body, but hopefully a bit lighter than most les pauls.

Err, this has me thinking- isn't that exactly what the LP Junior is like? No cyber-bullcrap: Check. Old school: Very. Vintage burst finish: Available. Klusons with tulip heads: Okay, you got me there, I think they have kidneys instead, but it's an easy swap. Wraparound bridge with intination settings: A relatively cheap switcharoo for a Schaller takes care of that. Mahgogany: Affirmative, and yes- it's a bunch lighter.
Stratocaster
Mahogany body
Maple neck and fretboard
22 Dunlop 6105 frets
All-access neck joint
Fender-style hardtail bridge
Schaller Tuners
2 humbuckers (haven't decided which, perhaps DiMarzio Tone Zone and PAF Pro)
500k volume and tone pots (1 of each)
5-way switch for coil taps in positions 2 and 4
Fiesta Red or Orange solid finish, with a black 3-ply pickguard.

Nothing too fancy. I've always wanted to build a guitar, and I'll build this one as soon as I get the opportunity (perhaps towards the end of this year, when I move to England for university)

Note to TS: Seymour Duncan's P-Rails humbucker might be what you're looking for. It can act as a humbucker, a rail single coil, or a P-90, depending on how it's wired.
Last edited by sashki at Jan 4, 2009,
Semi-hollow, a cross between a Thinline Telecaster and a PRS Hollowbody shape
Mahogany body, flamed maple top
Maple neck, rosewood fretboard
22 frets
Set neck
TOM bridge + strings through body
Schaller tuners
2 custom wound P90s
1 tone pot, 250K, and 1 volume pot, 500K
3-way switch
Reddish finish, getting darker at the edges

That is my dream, and eventually I'll get it made.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
This thread needs PICTURES!
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
Shape wise mine would be a sort of Strat/Sg cross. The pointed horns of an SG but one would be longer like on a strat, probably the bottom one instead of the strat's top one. If that makes sense. Then:
String through with TOM bridge
Flamed maple top with a Sapele(sp?) body
vintage sunburst
24 frets
2 buckers (no idea which ones)

I'd definately make this if I had the tools, no way I can afford a bandsaw and router plus the guitar itself.
A jackson RR shape with a fixed bridge, without the arow-shaped string trough plate and without the pickguard. And an awsome paintjob, but i cant put tuat into words.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
I'd like to do a custom shop Jackson Kelly eventually.

It would be very similar to the original KE1, as I LOVE my KE1 that I have now.

The only thing I'd add would be EMG 81/60 pickups (Ke1 only has a bridge pickup), cool inlays like some MOP flames on the fret board or something (instead of shark inlays), and I'd definantly stick with one single volume knob for both pickups, no tone knobs, and I'd want the 3 way switch on the side next to the strap lock so it's not visible when viewing the finish.

If I could order two of them, one with a quilted maple top, and one with a flamed top, both in trans. black.

I'd love to be able to buy a Ken Lawrence explorer too one day, but they are WAY high, 5-7K, and takes a long time for it to be delivered.
Jackson KE1F
Jackson KE2
Gibson Gothic Explorer
BC Rich Jr V deluxe

Engl Powerball full stack
Framus Cobra
VHT Pittbull CL50
Last edited by RJF at Jan 5, 2009,
Mahogany Fender style strat body
Maple neck-through construction
Original Floyd Rose
DiMarzio Tone Zone in the bridge position