i am getting a fender mim guitar and need to buy an amp.i got it down to a roland cube 30 x and a vox vt30.i believe they both sound good.I would like an amp with lots of cool effects.can anybody recommend me one of these or anything else.
i am a newbie player and want a good alround amp.
max budget?
genres you like/play?
specific band?
guitar?
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
My suggestion is kinda of a pick and choose, because I've had experiences with both amps. I almost bought that Vox amp, but the inability to turn off the effects was a deal breaker for me. It still sounded pretty nice though. The Roland on the other hand has the off capabilities for effects, unlike the Vox. My cousin owns one, (or rather a Microcube) and compared to my amp, it sounded really muddy, like it have a thick wet blanket over it. Then again his amp is like 5 or 10 watts or something, which is probably why it sounded so muddy turned up to the same volume as my amp. Depending on what's more important to you I guess is what going to affect your choice not a recommendation.

One more thing, have you tried either/both amps?
Maximum volume yields maximum goats.
i suggest a line 6 spider III, the 15 watt comes as cheap as 99.99 and its got effects like phaser and tape echo and different settings and channels, like metal, clena, crunhc, and insane
His guitar and amp choices don't exactly scream "I like metal". I'd stick to the brands guys like John Mayer or Tom Morello play. Follow Morello if you want to cover up your music with effects.
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
I tried the big brothers of both of those amps today.

I have a thread about them in GG&A.

I prefer the Vox.

EDIT: I see you asked about the VT, not the AD.

Aren't they pretty much the same things though? The VT just has more models, correct?
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by dudetheman
I tried the big brothers of both of those amps today.

I have a thread about them in GG&A.

I prefer the Vox.

EDIT: I see you asked about the VT, not the AD.

Aren't they pretty much the same things though? The VT just has more models, correct?

The VT not only has more models, but, in my opinion, surpass the AD series tonally, as well.

I didn't really have anything to say about the mid-gain, though... not too great

Cleans were VERY tube-like and dynamic. The effects were pretty good, too, despite my hate for the dual-effects; the delay/tape echo were byfar the best.
I've tried both too and would agree they're both very good. If you like lower gain then the Vox is superb while if you prefer Metal the I think the Cube is superior. The third option is the Peavey Vypyr series which has a range of good amp models and you can do a lot more with the effects than either the Vox or Roland.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1