What's up,

I've been saving up and i'm aiming on getting a good pair of dimarzio's for my Les Paul Studio. My main influences are paul gilbert, satch, petrucci and i'm really having trouble choosing a good pickup combo. I'd like a bridge tone similar to paul's and a neck tone like yngwie. is there a combo that can provide me with this?

Thanks guys
you can coil tap a pickup for a single coil tone, but why are you set on dimarzios?
'57 Reissue Gibson Les Paul Custom, Jackson Soloist SL2H
Marshall MF350
Cry Baby, Carbon Copy, Phase 90

Quote by strat0blaster
I remember this one time - Jesus played Eruption on a lute with strings made from the hair of 23 virgins.

It was pretty hardcore.
Well, I would suggest a "Super Distortion" to get that Paul Gilbert tight sound in the bridge with a "Humbucker From Hell" (the name does not imply that is a"high output" humbucker. I don't know why is called that way) The humbucker sounds like a single coil (without the hum) very crystal clear.

But then again if i were you, i woul try out some of the humbuckers. Look for people who have them then and try them out.

Dimarzio also has a website with sound clips. Look for it.
" Impossible thoughts, Stay on this cruise, Never go back, Relaxation calms these metal nerves. "
Last edited by The Silence at Jan 3, 2009,
I've tried a bunch of pups, EMG's, Duuncans, etc and Dimarzio's have made the best impression, best tone and stuff. oh, and how's your jackson, i was thinkin of getting it (CvPrEpKiLLaH)
Last edited by Seymour dooncan at Jan 3, 2009,
But thanks silence

No problem man.

You know, i think is kinda funny that you're looking for Dimarzio's and your nick is Seymour dooncan. Lolfest
" Impossible thoughts, Stay on this cruise, Never go back, Relaxation calms these metal nerves. "
Dimarzio Norton in the bridge, Humbucker from Hell in the neck.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I think the closest you could get to Yngwie's tone with a Dimarzio humbucker is a Humbucker from Hell. I think PG used Tone Zones, Super Distortions, and PAF Pros in the past.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Ya silence, i just created an account to ask like one question so that was the first random thing that came to my mind lol
Sweeeeet, i'm pretty much settled on the humbucker from hell, but still unsure about the bridge. Thanks Guys!

Cheers!
But also, can i use my les paul humbucker covers on these? I've never done a pup swap with covered humbuckers.......
Quote by Seymour dooncan
is there even a good dimarzio that can produce a good "single coilish" yngwie tone?

Yngwie uses DiMarzio, of course there is. It's called a YJM.
Petrucci tone would be the d-sonic for sure.Satch has his signature pups from them too,I think it's called the Mo' Joe or something like that,he uses PAF model pups I think.

EDIT: JP also uses the steve's special humbucker I believe.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Last edited by Pr0gNut at Jan 3, 2009,
I use an EVO in my bridge and the PAF Pro in the neck of my LP. If you want good Gilbert tone, go with the Pro in the bridge for sure. You're not gonna get a good Malmsteen tone with a humbucker. I would go with the Pro in both positions or go with a Satch signature for the neck.
Gibson.
Quote by Seymour dooncan
isn't it a single coil pickup though?

Yeah, did you mean you wanted that tone but in a humbucker? You can get a coil-tappable humbucker perhaps.
Still the humbucker from hell.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com