Hi there, seems as this is the pit. I feel this is the place to talk about anything not to do with music. For years now I have been pationate about learning a language. For anyone with random information who bumps into this thread, is there anyway I can get started with learning on the net? Perferably Finnish is the language. Thanks alot guys and any information will be really appriciated
You seem to already know at least two. English obviously isn't your first language.
/bad joke

If you're really serious about learning another language, I suggest taking classes, as opposed to internet lessons.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
best way to learn a language = go to the country speaking that language

in about 3-4 years you'll master it
Quote by Cpt_Tucan
best way to learn a language = go to the country speaking that language

in about 3-4 years you'll master it

Bull****, 6 and a half years in spain and although i can understand people, i can't speak fluently. I blame hanging out with other foreigners
Quote by mynamesedson
I asked my son he said nothing but he just asked me he wants a psyachatrist (spelling?) Because he heard voices calling out his name. What a freak.

Control your life through insanity.

Igneuspentheism
You can download apps for it off itunes if you have the touch.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

,___,
[¬.¬]
/)__)
-"--"-

Quote by FishCream
Stop Performing Meathook Sodomy On Yourself
Quote by Insanity^2
Bull****, 6 and a half years in spain and although i can understand people, i can't speak fluently. I blame hanging out with other foreigners

There's old Italian people in my city who still can't speak English, even though they've spent more of their life in Canada than in the "old country".
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
Quote by Hanzi_G
There's old Italian people in my city who still can't speak English, even though they've spent more of their life in Canada than in the "old country".

No **** Mister. Even if you learn to play guitar for 20 years without really being motivated and consistent you obviously won't learn to play properly.
I'm learning Japanese and I've gotten to the stage where I can hold a conversation but when I listen to two natives conversing I usually only understand a bit of the conversation. I attack it from three angles I use the internet for vocabulary and some more obscure grammar, I learn it at school for formal stuff and all other grammar and I have lots of Japanese for speaking practice, colloquial language and to check whether what I have learned recently is actually used in conversation