Hi everyone, I'm a new guy here!

I hope someone can clear this up for me. I recently bought an Ibanez RG350DX in brand new condition off of Craigslist for $250, and when I say brand new condtion, I mean brand new condition. Spotless and flawless!

When I went to buy it, in the heat of trying it out and generally bull****ting with the seller who was a real nice guy, I failed to notice that the pickups in it do not have the customary INF3, INFS3, INF4 lettering on the pickups. I didn't notice it until the deal was done and I had the guitar home--this is my first Ibanez so I'm not that familiar with them anyway.

Now I don't know know kind of pickups are in it and I really don't want to pull it apart (yet). The present ones really scream and sound very much like Dimarzios that I have in some of my other guitars, but I'd like to know if they are stock Infinity pickups or what.

My question is this, I guess, were the pickups in all RG350DXs labeled as above, or did some versions come without the lettering? I've found versions on Google image search with the labels and some without so I'm totally mixed up.

I hope a resident Ibanez expert can clue me in.

Thanks!

tonepot
the seller may have switched em' so i would say just ask him
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
I have since done that and he, of course, said those pickups were in it when he bought the guitar.

Thanks!

Quote by sandman-105
the seller may have switched em' so i would say just ask him
I'd trust him, I doubt he wouldve put in ****tier pickups....unless he put in ****ty ones just to sell and kept the stock ones for somethin else? but those stock pickups wouldnt be an upgrade to much, or be worth much
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
Older RG350DX's that I've seen didn't have anything on the pickups. Of course, there were like 8 year old 350DX's that had white pickups as stock.

if you like the sound of the pickups dont try to figure it out!

because if they sound great one second, and you find out they are crappy and only cost like $20 for the whole set they wont sound so good to you anymore. its psychology and crap.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
LOL! You know, you probably have something there. It's not that the present pickups sound bad, I was more or less curious if the RG350DX came with unlabeled pickups at some point in they're production. These are definitely black, and not labeled.

Anyway, just thought I would ask some Ibanez experts cause I sure ain't one.

Have a great New Year, and thanks for the repliese!

tonepot

Quote by conor1148
if you like the sound of the pickups dont try to figure it out!

because if they sound great one second, and you find out they are crappy and only cost like $20 for the whole set they wont sound so good to you anymore. its psychology and crap.