I have about $330 and i need a new amp really bad mine sucks, seriously its a spider, and I've been checking amps out for probably 2 days now trying to figure out which one I should get. Right now the Peavey Vypyr 75 looks really nice, but I was wondering if there is a better one. It needs to be pretty versatile because I play a lot of stuff that needs to sound clean and I play things that need a lot of gain. Thanks for the help.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Peavey Vypyr 75w
Yamaha FG730S
Peavey Predator
1961 Acoustic Kay
Classical Rhapsody
Zakk Wylde Crybaby Wah Pedal
Boss SD-1
I have a Hughes & Kettner Vortex Black Series 2x12 that I bought (if I remember right) for 300 a few good years back.

The clean channel sounds amazing and the distorted channel has PLENTY of versatility. I've gone from a perfect AC/DC sound to late 80's Metallica, Children of Bodom, Opeth then back down to Deep Purple with it.

*Edit*
I think they stopped making them
Last edited by Ekofu at Jan 3, 2009,
could i take my spider and trade it at Guitar Center and give them some money for a new amp?
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Peavey Vypyr 75w
Yamaha FG730S
Peavey Predator
1961 Acoustic Kay
Classical Rhapsody
Boss SD-1
Quote by Zappanator
could i take my spider and trade it at Guitar Center and give them some money for a new amp?

Yeah, but I doubt you'd get much for it.
I actually played a Bandit 112 today at a local guitar store it was used and i think something was really wrong with it because no matter wat channel i played on or how high i had the gain it was always clean the owner of the store even tinkered with it and said he didnt know wat was going on....bad first impression for me, but the new ones are probably better
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Peavey Vypyr 75w
Yamaha FG730S
Peavey Predator
1961 Acoustic Kay
Classical Rhapsody
Boss SD-1
Quote by Zappanator
I actually played a Bandit 112 today at a local guitar store it was used and i think something was really wrong with it because no matter wat channel i played on or how high i had the gain it was always clean the owner of the store even tinkered with it and said he didnt know wat was going on....bad first impression for me, but the new ones are probably better

That sounds a lot like my dad's vintage Cube 100. None of the controls work at all, so the only sound you get is a somewhat quiet, flat-EQ clean tone.
where do you live, or what major city are you near?

craigslist time.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
nm I looked at your profile. (I live in Chattanooga, sup )

anyway

holy ****, get this

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/msg/978464582.html

seriously. beg someone for the extra $170 you need. goes for 1700 new. freaking awesome

RIGHT NOW

or else I will
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

V-Picks!
Last edited by Exo M7 at Jan 3, 2009,
Quote by Exo M7
where do you live, or what major city are you near?

craigslist time.

Apparently, he lives in Harriman, Tennessee, which I just found out is not too far away from Knoxville.
this topic is all TN up in this. I've been to Franklin before...through Harriman too I think. certainly been to knoxville plenty of times at least.

anyway I can't believe that vetta offer. if you don't take it I will seriously >_>
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

V-Picks!
o yeah! i go to the Knoxville Guitar Center like every month lol and damn that is a nice deal on the craigs list amp....im gonna try to scrape up some more cash
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Peavey Vypyr 75w
Yamaha FG730S
Peavey Predator
1961 Acoustic Kay
Classical Rhapsody
Boss SD-1
Wow man thanks for the craigslist link...I just found one of my long lost friends selling a Schecter...wtf
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Peavey Vypyr 75w
Yamaha FG730S
Peavey Predator
1961 Acoustic Kay
Classical Rhapsody
Boss SD-1