I was just wondering what some upgrades an MiM Strat are? My friend gave me her strat for Christmas and plays well and sound nice but...

It's a tad hissy on distortion! I like the guitar, but what take osme of the buzz and hiss out without messing with the tone? I really love the tone of it and it's been well set up. I just wanna cut the buzziness down.
Most if not all single coils will give you buzz/hiss. That's a given.

Maybe try a noise gate?
Try the vintage noiseless pups.
Or noise gate like said above ^
Is it a nice quality MIM? If so you could pickup swap.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
The vintage noiseless pups are good? I would prefer pickups to a noise gate and I apologize for the shoddy typing...I'm usually much more careful.
Yea the fender vintage noiseless sound good. They are fender after all
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
A pro musician/GC employee told me he put some Gibson humbucker pickups on his Strat. You can imagine how great that would sound. I am thinking of doing this with mine, since its an HSS, but you might be able to have that done to yours if the do some work on it
lace sensor strat pickups are also legit....they're shielded so they're noiseless as well
Jimi Hendrix > All

Fender MIM Strat
Epiphone Les Paul (SD JB + 59)
Epiphone Dot (Dirty Fingers + 57 Classic)
Yamaha FG700S Acoustic

Crate V-18 212

Dunlop Original Crybaby
EHX Sovtek Big Muff
Boss DS-1
Boss BD-2
Boss BF-2
There's going to be noise especially with overdrive... especially x2 if you're using too much overdrive. I wouldn't recommend a noise gate or anything noiseless as it will mess with the tone. Shielding the pickguard helps. You may need some higher quality pickups too. 57/62's are nice.
What? Why would anyone want vintage pickups for distortion? It works good for clean and overdrive (think blues, Hendrix, Clapton, etc..), but will be very weak for modern distortion.