Hey guys, I'm looking for a monitor Amp that will project the sound of my RP250 pedal as closely and as uncolored as possible. My goal is to be able to keep up with my friend's 50 tube amp (Randall MTS), and our drummer.

I was thinking of something along the lines of a 100watt+ Keyboard or Bass amp. Do you think that will give me enough headroom? We play Modern Rock and Metal.

Any ideas?
Quote by deathbat831
.........oh wow.
Eddy 372, im nominating you badass of UG
Quote by disturbed_n_wv
I believe thats the best looking Explorer I've ever seen, I did think they were all ugly until i seen that one Eddy372 good choice.

whats your budget? if its high enough, you could get a tube power amp and a 1x12 or 2x12 cabinet
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Trust me, I wish I had the room/cash for a Tube amp right now, but I am a college student. I use my RP250 for personal and live playing, basically everything guitar-tone related. When I'm home for the holidays and summer I like to jam with my old 30-watt amp, but that can't keep up with the big boys. All my favorite sounds are on my RP, so I rely on that almost all of the time.

But anyway, my budget is roughly $200-$250. I'm probably going to look used at Pawn Shops and Craigslist.
Quote by deathbat831
.........oh wow.
Quote by disturbed_n_wv
I believe thats the best looking Explorer I've ever seen, I did think they were all ugly until i seen that one Eddy372 good choice.

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Not sure if just a Power Amp would do it but I see them on craigslist all the time, I just don't know anything about them. I have a 250

That's what I was thinking of too. I'd imagine all I would need is a power amp and a pair of 2x12 speakers.
Quote by deathbat831
.........oh wow.
Quote by disturbed_n_wv

yeah, i'm not sure if you would need something else in between. I think you still may need a preamp. I mean you wouldn't go guitar > RP250 > power amp?
UG?

I think a clean SS guitar amp might be a better way to go. My FM212 in my sig would prolly work ya.