Page 1 of 3
Does this mean teh mrak IV is going to drop in price?

And the mrak III?

That'd be sweet.
o damn

sounds awesome for a little 1x12 combo lol
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
I know a really cool guy from HC that is going to demo it Monday evening when he gets off of work. He lives by there. He's a totally trustworthy source of information too. I'll post or link his review when I can.
Quote by imgooley

And the mrak III?

That'd be sweet.

I would think this might lower their prices but it's hard to tell what will happen atm. I guess we'll have to wait and see. It's not for sale yet though. It'll still be a couple of months for us to get our hands on one I can imagine. I'm selling my SigX and buying one though as soon as I can find one.
Quote by TheEsupremacy
I would think this might lower their prices but it's hard to tell what will happen atm. I guess we'll have to wait and see. It's not for sale yet though. It'll still be a couple of months for us to get our hands on one I can imagine. I'm selling my SigX and buying one though as soon as I can find one.

shouldnt you wait to see if you actually like it first? i mean, you havent even play it yet.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
shouldnt you wait to see if you actually like it first? i mean, you havent even play it yet.

NO. What's to NOT like about it? It's not like the review doesn't tell you what it's capable of. I would've bought a Mark IV by now except I heard the V was on the horizon so I waited it out. I wasn't expecting it THIS soon though. Gotta get some casholah fast.
Quote by chea_man

i dont think there is much question about how sick its going to be haha.
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
My mouth dropped when I read the title, along with the cookie that was in it...

I was under the impression that mesa gave up on the mark series entirely replacing with the rectos and their other amps...

****ing Sweet.
I'll have the complete lowdown Monday evening. I'm hoping for pics but it looks like they got "Area 51" wrapped up tight down in Hollywood.
So it's official, I'm spending Summer of 2010 working to buy the Mark V head and 2x12 Recto cab.

I hope Mesa doesn't pull an ass move and discontinue them before 2010, though. All of the other Mark models are discontinued
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Quote by V.U.K
So it's official, I'm spending Summer of 2010 working to buy the Mark V head and 2x12 Recto cab.

I hope Mesa doesn't pull an ass move and discontinue them before 2010, though. All of the other Mark models are discontinued

Actually, it appears that all the best tones of the previous Mark series amps now live on in version 5. Which is awesomesauce and total win! Sounds like a "all-in-one" amp. I can't wait to get my hands on one.
Quote by TheEsupremacy
NO. What's to NOT like about it? It's not like the review doesn't tell you what it's capable of. I would've bought a Mark IV by now except I heard the V was on the horizon so I waited it out. I wasn't expecting it THIS soon though. Gotta get some casholah fast.

I owned a Mark IV, and the Sig:X is better imo. Hopefully the Mark V will actually be an improvement, I really hope they fixed R2, because that channel made me cry
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Wow. Can't wait for this one. Do we have any ideas as to a release date?
1990 Gibson SG Special Black
2003 Martin Hd-28
Fender Standard Telecaster Chrome Red
Randall RX120RH On RX412 SOLD!!
Fender Pro Jr. Combo
Keeley Modded Boss DS-1
Electro Harmonics Metal Muff
Ernie Ball Vp Jr.
Jesus christ, DO WANT.

*proceeds to save money for the next 3940129430 years*
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by imgooley

And the mrak III?

That'd be sweet.

Only if the Mark V is worth the hype and sounds good, but yeah, I hope they do: Mark III's agressive rhythm + IV's cleans and leads = my tone search complete. But it looks like the MKV will carry all of that so I got to start saving now.
Quote by TheEsupremacy

Really, because when I spoke to Mike B at Mesa, he said there was NO MKV. Interesting...
coolness to the extreme
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Quote by zachman5150
Really, because when I spoke to Mike B at Mesa, he said there was NO MKV. Interesting...

WHAT!!!!
it IS ALL FCKN LIES !!!!!
oh Noes!!!!!!
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by zachman5150

It's in the STORE now! People are playing it. You just can't buy it yet. I'll be able to give everybody all the details tomorrow night.
Quote by TheEsupremacy

What happened with the Double Cross?
I want to try one.. too bad it's across the country. Sounds like it's got nearly as many knobs as a Roadking.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by MatrixClaw
I owned a Mark IV, and the Sig:X is better imo. Hopefully the Mark V will actually be an improvement, I really hope they fixed R2, because that channel made me cry

i've figured out r2 a bit more. what was wrong with it for you?

Quote by zachman5150

they also told me that they weren't discontinuing the mark IV...
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Last edited by UnsignedRecords at Jan 4, 2009,
hmmm i'm now very interested in getting one. does the mark series sound anything like the dual rectifier? if it sounds the same than i don't think i'm
Quote by kckyle
hmmm i'm now very interested in getting one. does the mark series sound anything like the dual rectifier? if it sounds the same than i don't think i'm

the marks sound nothing like the rectos, completely different voicing IMO. I'm really looking forward to this new Mark.

Quote by zachman5150

looks like you aren't in the super secret circle of tonz then.

there are a few people that have seen it at the Hollywood store so far, and I know at least 2 people myself going Monday to try it out.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Last edited by Erock503 at Jan 4, 2009,
checked back and forward and found a legit pic of the Mark 5/V

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Ah, Petrucci's rig, of course... I wonder how much power that freaking thing consumes.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Quote by zachman5150

the Mark V in the Mesa store wasn't a Mark V; it was a Mark IV they scratched the I off of to see if people actually saw a difference. Bastards!

Seriously though, sounds kind of cool. Never tried a Mark IV, but all the times I heard it everyone was doing a f*cking dream theater or lamb of god song on it, so I never got to hear a broader tonal spectrum. One thing I did notice was that they didn't have a lot of bass, or when it did it got a bit flabby, so if the dude on HC says its got lots of bass and isn't flabby, maybe the Mark V could actually be a Recto killer (provided it has gobs of gain)? It'd be nice to see Marks or any other Mesas getting more attention than Rectos.
^ it can get flabby really easy if you have a lot of bass and gain, and low treble. really gotta work with the amp for a while to figure out how it works. it has a great deal low end.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by RG_FANMAN
the Mark V in the Mesa store wasn't a Mark V; it was a Mark IV they scratched the I off of to see if people actually saw a difference. Bastards!

Seriously though, sounds kind of cool. Never tried a Mark IV, but all the times I heard it everyone was doing a f*cking dream theater or lamb of god song on it, so I never got to hear a broader tonal spectrum. One thing I did notice was that they didn't have a lot of bass, or when it did it got a bit flabby, so if the dude on HC says its got lots of bass and isn't flabby, maybe the Mark V could actually be a Recto killer (provided it has gobs of gain)? It'd be nice to see Marks or any other Mesas getting more attention than Rectos.

I know...
Wait... so that review was a fake? Noooo

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by Raijouta
Ah, Petrucci's rig, of course... I wonder how much power that freaking thing consumes.

His rig is similar to mine...

zachman5150: Posting one handed since December 2006.

This (at the moment "supposed", I guess) Mark V sounds like it has some awesome features, the selectable wattage for each channel sounds like a great idea.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Last edited by timi_hendrix at Jan 4, 2009,
triple post, impressive. i would edit those if i were you.

and, i just doubt that they will never have another mark series amp. that would be like if fender discontinued the telecaster.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
triple post, impressive. i would edit those if i were you.

and, i just doubt that they will never have another mark series amp. that would be like if fender discontinued the telecaster.

Well, Gibson has discontinued the Les Paul several times in their history...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
I say Zachman5150 is talking BS.

And your of course also saying that the pic of Petrucci's Rig is also Photoshoped
Plus the guy how did the review in the link could describe it exactly like i looks in the pic and NAMM is just 2 weeks away.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Page 1 of 3