I'm thinking of getting one of these so I had some questions.

http://www.prsguitars.com/allender/index.html

How does it compare to PRS SE singlecut and PRS SE custom?

What tones can you get out of it and how versitile is it?

How is it for playing blues, classic rock, 80's rock, Jimi Hendrix, Santana, Slash, Jimi Page, anything similar, etc...?

thanks
Last edited by ben hause at Jan 3, 2009,
It looks so nice but I guess I'm probably gonna go with a SE custom. Seems like a more safe buy.
i really like the paul alender one it looks nice to boot lol and it sounds pretty good of course most prs do id deeply consider it tho
Keep On Keepen' On
That guitar is indeed beautiful.

I think you should try it out if at all possible. See how it plays before you make any quick decisions.
PRS SE Singlecut
Bogner Alchemist 112 Combo
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Martin OM-1 and Backpacker Steel String
Seagull

Youtube Channel -Click Me Please-
Does anyone know how the pups are different from a regular SE Custom? Because as far as I know that's the only difference, besides looks.
If it makes a difference to you, I purchased this guitar over a $2000 PRS custom 24. I was on the fence about both, actually purchased the PRS Custom 24, then changed my mind.

The neck pickup is very warm, I love the pickups in this guitar. The action is amazing, I don't have any regrets or complaints nor do I wish I had purchased the higher end model.

From what I heard/played, the pickups in the Paul Allender are alot better. It doesn't feel like a "low end" PRS, while the others do for the most part IMO.

Any questions or any videos etc., you'd like to hear feel free to ask.
Martin DX1
79' Strat with original 1972 maple neck w/bullet truss / Lace Sensor Golds
93' Strat mahogany neck with Lace Sensor Silver.
Blackface Fender Twin
Lots of pedals..
Last edited by kylec922 at Jan 4, 2009,