Hi guys, just wondering
if i were to play live, should i use batteries with my guitar pedals or is it better to use a power adaptor, thanks!

btw, the pedals i have are the boss ds-1 and the dunlop 535q crybaby
power adapter.
My Main Gear

guitars
gibson sg special faded
Fender Stratocaster (turning it into the black strat relic!)
cort stat 2t
ventura (ibanez artcore lawsuit era copy)
'74 alvarez acoustic

amps
peavy transtube express 112
powerrr..batteries arent as strong as electrical power obviously and what if it dies on u when u play? =o
hmm
but whenever i use my power adaptor, it makes like, extra buzzing noise. anyone know why?
Nothing wrong with using batteries. New ones of course. The power adapter is just more reliable.
Adapter. Alot of Boss pedals will have deals with adapters. They also have chains that will power multiples ones. My noise supressor powers all of mine.
Not disagreeing with any of the above, but offering this caveat:

According to some people, certain pedals will hum if used with external power sources. Try each one out before you play live.

In addition, I'd carry a set of 9V with me, just in case the location is short on plugs for whatever reason.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Get a Visual Sounds one spot or a similar adapter. it will power your whole pedalboard with one plug in.
ESP F-200 with Floyd Rose>

Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Electro Harmonix Pulsar Tremolo
BBE Boosta Grande
Fender Pedal Tuner>

Peavey Valveking 1x12
Quote by warlockking
Get a Visual Sounds one spot or a similar adapter. it will power your whole pedalboard with one plug in.

Not true.
Mine quit powering my pedals, and my pedalboard is relatively meager.
It advertises it can power as many as four daisy chains of 5 pedals. I run 16 pedals, and around plugging it in to twelve it starts to crap out and I lose signal on and off.

Most of my pedals are pretty mundane too, the only thing outside of boss and line 6 pedals I run is a Blackstar overdrive and boost.

Anyway. If your playing shadier venues, I'd recommend batteries, sometimes their power is ****e and people have actually died by being shocked by their pedals and amps. Im about to build a power conditioner and surge protector into my pedal board.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Not disagreeing with any of the above, but offering this caveat:

According to some people, certain pedals will hum if used with external power sources. Try each one out before you play live.

In addition, I'd carry a set of 9V with me, just in case the location is short on plugs for whatever reason.

Yup true, thats why some will only use batteries in their pedals. An adapter could die on you just as well as a battery so to me theres no difference. When was the last time a battery crapped out unless it was already used up? Also its not like you're playing a PSP and they will get used up in a matter of hours (although some pedals do eat batteries like theres no tomorrow, MXR Flanger being one of them that I know of personally but stuff like OD/Dist. pedals last a long time)
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
I'd take both adapters and batteries, just in case.
Also, what do you think of the 535q? I always wanted one of those.
lol the 535q is pretty nuts, and it doesnt create any extra hum while i use the power adapter
and ik its supposed to be "versatile" but i always seem to keep it on the same settings unless im bored like hell

also, when i have tons of gain on my guitar, why is there so much feedback when my pickup selectors are on my single coils (i have a strat)and like, everytime i face this certain angle, it lessens..thats puzzling me