Page 1 of 2
I wasn't going to post this as we thought this wasn't going to turn out as well as it did. Anywho, about a week ago a friend and I saw a nice guitar on the floor at a local gc. It just had one problem; the fret board was peeling up off the neck to about halfway through the second fret. As a nice gesture we went to tell the guitar guy who was embarrassed that it accidentally got brought out. So we jokingly asked him how much for it, to which he responded "I don't know let me check." He comes back to say "my manager was going to chunk it but said we can sell it to you for 35 bucks." I thought that at most it would make a cool lamp so I bought it. After looking at it a bit we decided to try and repair it with some dam good wood glue as there was no crack in the neck or any wood missing. A week later I'm jamming out on a 35 dollar Epiphone Les Paul Ultra! So for 35 dollars, extra strength glue that I already had, sandpaper I already had, and clamps I already had I got a 700 dollar guitar!

Real pics?

EDIT: Reading back this makes me sound like an asshole...I just want to see the color and all that good stuff!
Last edited by Imme94 at Jan 3, 2009,
Congrats,

I posted a similar thing a while ago....

Although mine wasn't 35 bucks but still:

I bought a Jackson Dinky which was rated at around 800 bucks for just around 200 bucks.

GC sometimes sells all their damaged equipment and that's when you really get some deals.

FYI: The Jackson only had the volume knob loose....THAT WAS ALL. I can't imagine people not buying it because of that. I even posted pics I think.

EDIT: (Oh and it had been discontinued...)

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=854204
Member of the Grammar Nazi Club. PM Your41Plague12 to Join.

Member #6 of the Orange Tiny Terror Club
Last edited by Pertenozzo at Jan 3, 2009,
nice man yeah some real pics would be nice
Quote by RizzoWashburn
Oh, and this is the internet. I have the right to be a douchebag. Fuck off.
word i got a bitchin' tele for 105 and it was worth 200. its not as sick as you deal but i think i got a good deal on it.
way to go man. thats a score. i'm still thrilled over my cort strat ripoff for 50 bucks. best strat ever. better than any mim strat. keeps up with mia strats.
My Main Gear

guitars
gibson sg special faded
Fender Stratocaster (turning it into the black strat relic!)
cort stat 2t
ventura (ibanez artcore lawsuit era copy)
'74 alvarez acoustic

amps
peavy transtube express 112
Dude, if you can play that for a day, you did damn good!

Way to keep your eyes open to the possibilities!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by phoenix_88
so they were going to throw it out.. but still made you pay money for it?

dude probably just pocketed the 35 bucks

but that's still an impressive deal
Quote by BlackandSilver
Kill 'em All in St Anger with the help of the Master of Puppets. He can Ride the Lightning, creating a Death Magnetic.

Myspace
thats an unreal deal, for 35 bucks! if it never worked you could sell the parts for much more than that, but to get it to work nicely thats sick
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
Yeah I just did another test run on it through my Deville and it's incredible! I feel like I just won the lottery haha.
You did, dude, you did!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
even if it was just a rip off and the guy pocketed the cash. its still 35 bucks for a 500 dollar guitar. if anything i woulda just tossed the guy a 50 specifically TO pocket. or split with his manager or something because its still an ultimate save
pics or it never happened.
If all else fails, you better contact your mother! COME ON!

::type
Hard to believe... if it was $350 dollars it would make sense but $35 is just.. insane.
Anyways, good job.
pics please.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by Pertenozzo
Congrats,

I posted a similar thing a while ago....

Although mine wasn't 35 bucks but still:

I bought a Jackson Dinky which was rated at around 800 bucks for just around 200 bucks.

GC sometimes sells all their damaged equipment and that's when you really get some deals.

FYI: The Jackson only had the volume knob loose....THAT WAS ALL. I can't imagine people not buying it because of that. I even posted pics I think.

EDIT: (Oh and it had been discontinued...)

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=854204

Yeah, I found a decent Jackson that had faulty pickups etc., and they were just like oh yeah we've had alot of complaints about that thing......nothing more lol
Martin DX1
79' Strat with original 1972 maple neck w/bullet truss / Lace Sensor Golds
93' Strat mahogany neck with Lace Sensor Silver.
Blackface Fender Twin
Lots of pedals..
Wow, lucky. Nice find
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
Haha what's the deal with everyone not believing people on here? Aanyways, when I get home tonight I'll take some photos of it. I don't have any "before" photos but you can see where the peel up was.
Good score, I have a few guys at GC and Daddys that will turn me on to some damaged stuff. A lot of the time I pass unless it's something I was interested in.

An Epi LP with a simple problem like that I would grabbed ASAP If it is I am amazed they didn't send it back to Epi though they would have gotten full credit for it Gibson would have repaired it and sold it as Bstock. If used it's was still worth a couple hundred bucks.

John
Ok, since folks wanted some photos I snapped these with my iPhone. Sorry if they're not that clear and excuse the horrible mess in my sound room!

I know the last two are a bit blurry but that's where we glued the fretboard back down to the neck. Also, I was bored so here are a couple photos of two of my other babies and my amp!

That's some nice gear that you've got there mate

Great find...lucky bastard >.<
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
hmmm, i will buy it for 300?
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
Haha not near for sale. I've been wanting a Les Paul for a while now so this bad boy is staying right here! Man, looking at those photos makes me want to clean this music room haha.
Son of a .... Congrats man that's incredible. That has to be deal of the year in my book, good job, you deserve it.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
^Use your eyes? Twat.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
Quote by rawk1277
This thread has no value without pics.

Hes posted them above and not in his original post.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
..............nice effen deal
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Wow, thats insane, $35? thats just crazy.
Nice Work.
You and I are mortal, but rock n roll will never die.
Page 1 of 2