Is the Guitar Grimoire series good for a music theory beginner like me? I hear good things about them so could you guys recommend me which one is best to start with?
get "the idiots guide to music theory".
seriously.
its an AMAZING book.
and no, im not calling you an idiot, that book (and about a week of guitar lessons) taught me most of what i know about music theory.
and i dont know ALL of it, but i'd like to think i know quite a bit.
my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic
the guitar grimoire is GOD. period. buy all of them, i promise you wont regret it lol.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
The Bible is awesome. Revelation is so badass, I mean, dragons and angels and the devil having an epic battle in the clouds? Badass.
Quote by musicTHEORYnerd
get "the idiots guide to music theory".
seriously.
its an AMAZING book.
and no, im not calling you an idiot, that book (and about a week of guitar lessons) taught me most of what i know about music theory.
and i dont know ALL of it, but i'd like to think i know quite a bit.

I'll give it a try. Those idiots guide books are awesome. Some years ago, I got the idiots guide to calculus, and it was the one book that made a light go off that said "this only seems complicated, its really pretty simple".
lol yeah you wont regret getting one....

as long as you take the time to follow and read it
Quote by King Twili
It's just me and Doris here ;_;

Quote by Zaphikh
Poops is the chat MC - but here we know him as Early Cuyler.

Free Downloads, Yo!
They aren't useful until you actually know how to apply them. They aren't any good for learning theory, just seeing things like scale formulas and what chords you can use certain scales/modes over. Get some theory under your belt, and then buy it as a resource, not a learning tool.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
The vast majority of the book is redundant information, and it doesn't even touch upon the theory behind the concepts it discusses. Look elsewhere.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.