with the buying of my new mesa stiletto, i've noticed that my pedals seriously (and i mean seriously) make my tone muddy and somewhat distorted. i currently have these:

Ibanez: TS-9

Boss: V-Wah

Electro-Harmonix: Small Clone

Boss: DD-6

i don't believe any of these pedals are true bypass except for the small clone, but even the small clone, when is one, makes my sound muddy and distorted.

is there anything i can do to remedy this, or should i pretty much sell everything and start over with pedals?

thanks
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
are they all in front of the amp? or do you put the small clone and delay in the loop?
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
sorry i should have mentioned

the small clone and the delay go into the loop.

the wah and the ts-9 go in front.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

the small clone should be true bypass

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

^it is, it just distorts my sound when it's on

i'm thinking i should basically sell them all, but i'd like to know if there's any other alternative.
Quote by Scutchington

A Brain Malfunction

i would try each pedal individually and see if it is only certain ones that are screwing with your tone. and i mean, the ts-9 is supposed to distort your sound, thats kinda the point of the pedal. for the small clone, you may need to turn down the loop volume if you can, too much input could be causing it to clip. really, the best way is to see if its one individual pedal that is doing what you dont like, then replace that one.
well, i mean distort my sound even when they're off, which isn't supposed to happen.

but i'll try what you said.
Quote by Scutchington

A Brain Malfunction

It could be that the distortion is coming from the V-wah, I owned one briefly and it was the worst piece of equipment I've owned. The drive can, if I recall, be set on a custom sort of setting that will not turn off no matter where you set the knob. You might try resetting the wah and see if it helps at all but I really recommend ditching it.

The bypass wasn't great but it wasn't as bad as what you're describing.