I don't really know where to put this, so its going here.

So the vocal dude in my little band thing has a 15W Fender piece of crap, and using the drummer's dad's Vox Valvetronix is a bad idea. He has no power amp or stereo system in his basement.
I think he needs to buy something, but I don't know what. His mic is XLR, but he has a 1/4" adapter. What should he buy? Some sort of monitor? Power amp? Another guitar amp? I has no idea.
don't get a guitar amp, they're only good for guitars, a keyboard amp would be a better bet
I have nothing witty to say here at the moment

Expect a change soon
A power amp and a cheapo mic preamp (like an audiobuddy) will probably be the way to go as long as you have a monitor/speakers to run it to.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by Darkshade666
A cheap pre-amp would do (60$) + a pair of monitors (150$ for the M-audio ones)

not for any type of live work, you need a good power amp. I suggest an active mixer and decent PA speakers. (every band should have this)
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
not for any type of live work, you need a good power amp. I suggest an active mixer and decent PA speakers. (every band should have this)

Actually +1 to that. Get a decent mixer you'll have all kind of sound options (plus unless you wanna spend around $500+, a cheaper mic preamp won't be worth much, whereas you won't need one with a decent mixer).
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.