Alot of people ask how you turn a combo into a cab.... So I figured I would show yall just what it would look like.

All you need is some speaker cable, 1/4 input and a radioshack project box. Its that simple.

Instructions...

1) Solder speaker wire to speaker
2) Solder speaker wire to 1/4" Mono Input Jack w/Plastic Nut (picture of jack below)
3) Drill a hole in project box to the size needed for the input jack
4) Put jack in the hole and screw on the plastic nut
5) Screw on the back plate and mount

Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Jan 3, 2009,
any chance that you could make a tutorial for this and post in in GB&C?
[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/Fuzzycows5157/canada.bmp[/IMG]
you lazy SOB haha, jk.
i wanted this to be you turning a combo into a head/cab.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
you lazy SOB haha, jk.

I'm actually tempted to turn my old Kustom acoustic amp into a head and A/B it when my Palo, just for ****s and giggles (because I never use that amp anymore, but the clean tone it gives is just incredible with my Strat).
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by chea_man
you lazy SOB haha, jk.

Actually the thought of turning it into a head did cross my mind. But as rare as these things are I dont think taking a saw to it or screwing more screws in it is a wise thing to do.
So I'm assuming you just solder the two contacts from the speaker to the box, or something to that effect?
Quote by deathbat831
.........oh wow.
Eddy 372, im nominating you badass of UG
Quote by disturbed_n_wv
I believe thats the best looking Explorer I've ever seen, I did think they were all ugly until i seen that one Eddy372 good choice.

Could you just use connectors on the speaker wires to attach them to the amp so it would be easier to turn it back to a combo? Or wouldn't that make good enough of a connection?
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by Deep*Kick
Could you just use connectors on the speaker wires to attach them to the amp so it would be easier to turn it back to a combo? Or wouldn't that make good enough of a connection?

Doing that is fine. Lots of amps are connected that way.
I did this exact same thing 2 weeks ago, except I have it so that the spades on the ouput end of the speaker wire are hooked directly onto the speaker, so:
Head output > 1/4 jack > speaker wire soldered to jack > speaker wire > female spade(?) on the end of the speaker wire > female spade to male spade, directly onto the speaker
Quote by Deep*Kick

Solder does make a better connection but clips will work just fine.. So that one is up to you man, I personally solder everything..
i am going to take my little fender frontman and turn it into a head soon.