Installed a Celestion Vintage 30 I had laying around into the Ampeg. And turned her into a wet/dry setup for my cleans. Vintage 30 wet open back with the 2 G12T-75's out of the cab dry. I was blown away , this amp has amazed the sh!t out of me yet again. I couldnt ask for a better clean tone, it was exactly what I was looking for. So I can finally check off searching for the perfect clean tone and with the gain side of things just a few tweaks away from being complete im gonna be sitting pretty here in the next month or so.

Now for the pics...

New speaker

Full rig

And haven't had a chance to get the mics setup yet so no clips
Been busy working on everything else... sorry guys
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Jan 3, 2009,
Awesome, man. I wish I had access to amps like you do.

Or a job, even. Being 16 and in school sucks in that regard - not enough money to satiate GAS!
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Awesome, man. I wish I had access to amps like you do.

Or a job, even. Being 16 and in school sucks in that regard - not enough money to satiate GAS!

Thanks

And you will be there before you know it man and when you do finally get there you will want to be 16 again . Workin, priority's and bills are not all the cracked up to be lol, enjoy the freedom while you can
I wish I just had a V30 laying around.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by Deep*Kick
I wish I just had a V30 laying around.

Yea, I tend to have a bunch of stuff laying around which is good when I have something to throw it in or have a use for it. But more often then not its just collecting dust not being used and a waste of money lol
How tight does it stay with it being open back?

Outside of clean tones, I've never been impressed by a combo with a good bit of gain and an open back cabinet.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
How tight does it stay with it being open back?

Outside of clean tones, I've never been impressed by a combo with a good bit of gain and an open back cabinet.

+1 that's why I will always have my 4x12 in the mix. Combos alone just dont cut it for me.

The way my rig works, weather it be cleans or heavy gain the 4x12 is always engaged. The speaker in the combo just adds to the mix. For cleans it acts as a wet/dry setup (chorus and reverb) mixed with 2 of the speakers from the 4x12. Then once the gain is kicked in im running all the speakers in the 4x12 and the combo speaker as well. Which gives me the tight punch of the 4x12 and the fullness of a open back mixed together.
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Jan 4, 2009,
so basically, the 6505 doesnt do any cleans at all? why is it called a wet-dry set up, im confuzzled
so how do you switch from clean to distortion, do you turn off the 6505 and switch the ampeg's channel, or is different?
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
He probably just uses an A/B switch to switch between the clean ampeg and distorted peavey, right? But what I don't understand is how you run 2 of the speakers from the 4x12 and then 4 when you want to switch.
Guitars
LTD MH-400NT
Ibanez ARC-100
Amps
Peavey 6505+ with Marshall 1960B
Crate Powerblock with CRT412

Visit my blog at My Blog
Quote by hehepupitre
He probably just uses an A/B switch to switch between the clean ampeg and distorted peavey, right? But what I don't understand is how you run 2 of the speakers from the 4x12 and then 4 when you want to switch.

yea but for his distorted sound, im pretty sure he uses both amps. and the speaker thing, i think he has it set up so that his ampeg is running through its 2 speakers as well as 2 of the speakers in the cab, and his peavey is running through the other two speakers in the cab, since the marshall has stereo inputs
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
so basically, the 6505 doesnt do any cleans at all? why is it called a wet-dry set up, im confuzzled
so how do you switch from clean to distortion, do you turn off the 6505 and switch the ampeg's channel, or is different?

Yup I dont use the 6505 for cleans. Two of the speakers from the 4x12 go to the 6505 and the other two to the ampeg. And being the ampeg is also a stereo amp I have a Vintage 30 installed in it on the wet side (with chorus and reverb effects) and the 2x12 from the cab on the dry (without modulation effects).

So it looks something like this...

Clean side
Clean channel on ampeg engaged.
Vintage 30 wet (chorus and reverb)
2x12 from cab dry no modulation effects
+
6505 not engaged

Gain side
Dirty channel engaged on ampeg
Vintage 30 no modulation effects
2x12 from cab
+
Lead channel of 6505 engaged
2x12 from cab
IP you got some splaining to do.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
ahh, i think i understand now. one day you should wire some sort of switch that makes it so you can go from clean to dirty with one button, that would be godly.
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
ahh, i think i understand now. one day you should wire some sort of switch that makes it so you can go from clean to dirty with one button, that would be godly.

One of these days im going to get around to building something. But right now everything is still in its testing stages so I dont want to blow my load to soon.. Gotta make sure she is right were she needs to be first lol