I bought a guitar cable for $20 at a local music shop a few months back, and the cashier told me it was their best seller and was the best cable brand they carried. So, I used it for a few weeks, and I recently got a new amp. However, since I've been using it, the cable has been apparently bending the input jack in my amp every time I plug the cable in the amp. I'll get pics soon, but I'm just wondering...is this a really crappy cable? I'm afraid if I keep using it my input jack will be damaged further.
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
pics would definately be helpful, but i think you have a cable that doesn't fit. wherever you got the cable, take it and the amp there, and have a manager or someone check it out. ur right, if u keep using it, ur amp could be damaged beyond repair. the best thing to do is wait and get a professional's advise.
METALLICA!!!
___________ ____________

Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Sunburst
Ibanez V70CENT
LINE 6 Spider III 15
Peavey Bandit 112
Jim Dunlop, Dava, First Act Picks
Quote by Thebiz
I bought a guitar cable for $20 at a local music shop a few months back, and the cashier told me it was their best seller and was the best cable brand they carried. So, I used it for a few weeks, and I recently got a new amp. However, since I've been using it, the cable has been apparently bending the input jack in my amp every time I plug the cable in the amp. I'll get pics soon, but I'm just wondering...is this a really crappy cable? I'm afraid if I keep using it my input jack will be damaged further.

That's quite confusing. How do you know that your input jack is bent?

Are you sure you don't mean that the jack from the cable is getting bent?

Oh, and if either of them is bent I would get a new cable.
PRS SE Singlecut
Bogner Alchemist 112 Combo
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Martin OM-1 and Backpacker Steel String
Seagull

Youtube Channel -Click Me Please-

Here is the bent cable

EDIT: Here's a better picture of the part of the input that's bent; look at the one above HIGH. It's turned outward slightly.

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Last edited by Thebiz at Jan 3, 2009,
Quote by ML_Guitar09
Get a new cable, and I can't see the jacks with the quality of those pictures.

+1. Get a new cable, dont just ram the cable into the input jack like I rammed your mother last night.
Quote by jarudy
+1. Get a new cable, dont just ram the cable into the input jack like I rammed your mother last night.

Totally juvenile and troll-like, but I lol'd hard
Last edited by Beebaboo at Jan 3, 2009,
Quote by jarudy

Haha I never really rammed it but I have done some stupid things with it...I'll get a new cable tomorrow then I guess.

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
yeppurz, that's what mine did. ****ed up my axe and my amp. get urself a new one. get a tweed one or something. they're more durable
METALLICA!!!
___________ ____________

Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Sunburst
Ibanez V70CENT
LINE 6 Spider III 15
Peavey Bandit 112
Jim Dunlop, Dava, First Act Picks
This is what happened to mine the other week:

If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
Quote by Juadafi
This is what happened to mine the other week:

How the hell did you manage that?

TS, i'd reccomend a new lead.
Quote by maiden03
Ahhh damn you vinc3nt!

Downpressor man

Where you gonna run to

All along that day

੧_\\\