I have a PRS SE single cut and a crate gtd 15.
I want to upgrade the amp.
I'm looking for the best mach for my guitar.
what music do you play and what is your budget? also where do you live?
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
need more info
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I am just learning so I was hoping to get something real versatile so I could play around with stuff from blues to metal. My budget is around $500 a little more maybe but less is better. I live in Louisiana.
What about the vox valvetronix or the Peavey vypyr anyone have experience with these two amps.
Either of those amps are great, versatile options.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Vox Valvetronix and Peavey Vypyr are both excellent choices and will serve you well. If it was me, I'd go for the Vypyr as it's far more versatile in what it can do and covers a wider range of effective sounds.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
As it has tubes I would imagine it does but then it will also be considerably more expensive
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
for a beginner amp, you certainly wont need 500 bucks. either get a cube 30x or vypyr 30. if you get one of those, you'll be able to get a nice tube amp later on if you possibly gig, and you know what styles your gonna play etc. you could buy a line 6 flextone right now though, it would last you a long time. it might be a bit overwhelming to a beginner though, it would be best if you stuck with one of the beginner modeling amps.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by Doadman
As it has tubes I would imagine it does but then it will also be considerably more expensive

Youd be surprised its only 200 for the 5 watt and 300 forthe 15 watt very affordable and bang for your buck.

Great amps by the way.
I think since you got money now might as well invest in something more worth it for later maybe like a cheap tube amp like a Valveking and then one of those Digtech RP multieffects pedals to get you the low down on the basics and hone in on what you want to persue as a player.

Valvekings go for 400 i bealive and those multi FX are pretty cheap to 80 bucks i think.

If you get a modeler with that type of money youll just be unsatisfied after a couple of weeks and want something better so might as well get a valveking i dont know why people are saying get a moddeler its just a waste of money.

If you had 200 bucks then sure its a good route but you got 500 make your money count dont waste it on a moddeler.

the only one id recomend if you are ganna get one is the Fender Super Champs XD.

Or if you can and you are ganna buy a moddeler for that money find a used line 6 flextone youll be very satisfied in terms of sound quality.

If you want a large pallet of sounds and tonal varieties definately lookd into flextones.
Last edited by THEKID546 at Jan 4, 2009,
Quote by THEKID546
Youd be surprised its only 200 for the 5 watt and 300 forthe 15 watt very affordable and bang for your buck.

Great amps by the way.

could you please explain yourself better im a little lost
^that guy was reffering to fender champ XD line wich use tubes and amp moddeling tech to give you sounds with that tube feel.

There really great for the money
I liked the superchamp xd better than the vox, but tone varies by person. The superchamp is 350 or something now, vibrochamp is 250. I have the same guitar as you, thought the superchamp xd was the nicest modeling amp I played, but the vyper wasn't out yet, and I had a lower price range than you.

Definitely look into a flextone, or a used vetta, they're supposed to be superb, although I have no personal experience with either.

Basically, try out whatever you can in your price range