Hey I'm looking to buy a new tube amp, the type of stuff I like to play is mostly indie rock, in the vein of American football, joan of arc, I'm looking to only spend about 500 at the most, I'm just not sure what type of amp would give me the right type of tone, if anyone could recommend some for me to try out that would be appreciated. I was thinking of maybe a Fender Pro Jr, but is 15 watts enough to gig with, I would probably just be playing in basements.

Thanks!
that fender might be good for what you want and you might want to look at a fender blues junior. i have no idea what those bands sound like, but if your looking for a good sparkly clean and an amp that will take pedals very well, that should do the trick nicely.

if you want a darker tone, check out amps by blackheart. they seem to be pretty versatile from the youtube videos i've watched of them.

basically, go to youtube, type in blues junior, blackheart, peavey valveking, and some of the crate tube amps and see if they sound like wat you want.

oh and you can gig with anything...as long as you have a mic. i saw a band gig with a hot rod deluxe in a pretty large venue. the guitarist just had it mic'ed into the PA system and it sounded pretty good.
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
You'd probably want something like the Peavey Classic 30 for that sort of sound.

Something you can crank on the clean channel to get it to juuuusssst start breaking up, but still be clean for the most part. Pronounced mids and highs of course.

edit: props on awesome music.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
thanks a lot for the help guys il check them out, and yeah I'm glad there's other people that appreciate those bands.
Those are some of my favorite bands; I have a Strat and a Tele and I play through a Classic 30. It's real hard to coax that tone from this setup at high volumes, the amp just breaks up waaay too quickly. From what I know, American Football's tone is more sparkly like a Fender, while Joan of Arc has a very gritty clean sound to it. The Peavey could do both (and the flexibility to do much heavier music at the same time), but I think a used DRRI is probably what you want.
Quote by Siren Silently
Those are some of my favorite bands; I have a Strat and a Tele and I play through a Classic 30. It's real hard to coax that tone from this setup at high volumes, the amp just breaks up waaay too quickly. From what I know, American Football's tone is more sparkly like a Fender, while Joan of Arc has a very gritty clean sound to it. The Peavey could do both (and the flexibility to do much heavier music at the same time), but I think a used DRRI is probably what you want.

Good to know..

I guess it just depends on how dirty/clean you want your tone.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com