Is there anything wrong with that? I just think it looks stupid, and it doesnt seem to serve much of a purpose...
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Quote by mcraddict81592
Is there anything wrong with that? I just think it looks stupid, and it doesnt seem to serve much of a purpose...

LOL....................WUT????
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
...thanks.

Quote by bogg808

Uhh man, I don't think you have pickup rings on a LP Junior...
eh...i think the pickup ring is important....but im not sure
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
not on the legit gibbo ones. but on my super cheap epi one it does.

Btw, I've worked it to the point that it plays awesome. I'm one JB (they're cut for humbuckers not P-90s [grrr]), and set of tuners away from making it a great guitar.

Quote by bogg808

yea, im assuming you mean the Gibson Les Paul Junior with the p-90??? that looks pretty essential since the pick-up screws actually go through the plastic
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
you'd just have a dangling pickup without the ring.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by mcraddict81592
not on the legit gibbo ones. but on my super cheap epi one it does.

Btw, I've worked it to the point that it plays awesome. I'm one JB (they're cut for humbuckers not P-90s [grrr]), and set of tuners away from making it a great guitar.

ahh ok, one sec...yea...that still looks like it's pretty much needed. you may already kno this, but the two middle screws on either side of the pups control the height of the pickups, so if you take those out (if you can even do that) then your pups fall in. of course, if you could some how put those back in after words, then you should be able to removed the ring
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Well If you look at like the frankenstrat or stuff like that, its just sorta there...how do they do that w/o it falling out?

Quote by bogg808

Quote by mcraddict81592
Well If you look at like the frankenstrat or stuff like that, its just sorta there...how do they do that w/o it falling out?

carefully

in all seriousness, i have no idea actually. thats a good point. i mean, my strat's humbucker is just floating there...but the scres go through the pick guard soo...

try the gear building and customizing forum, those guys know their stuff
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by mcraddict81592

it's direct mounted to the body. once you see what's under the pickup ring you won't want to keep it off.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.